Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By land
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By land Renting a car? Staying at a hotel? This forum's for you.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Regardless of the final score, both Detroit and St. Louis are winners

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15348770/

Go Redbirds!!!

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
Carchar
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 88 Carchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I'm one NY gal who was rooting for STL (and still am.)

For the coolest place for a family to visit in the Gateway to the West, go to a place with the stodgiest name. It's the City Museum, which isn't. There's not only looking. There's sliding, climbing, and crawling, (indoors and out) as well as stairs and elevators to get to various destinations between floors. You can do your own art and perform in the circus. There is a big play area for toddlers and a bigger play area for older folks. As one woman said to me in passing, "Isn't this just the best place ever? Except I never know where my kids will end up or how long it will take me to find them." Oh, and there's food and movies too.

http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carchar @ Oct 22 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]40678[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
For the coolest place for a family to visit in the Gateway to the West, go to a place with the stodgiest name. It's the City Museum, which isn't. There's not only looking. There's sliding, climbing, and crawling, (indoors and out) as well as stairs and elevators to get to various destinations between floors. You can do your own art and perfom in the circus. There is a big play area for toddlers and a bigger play area for older folks. As one woman said to me in passing, "Isn't this just the best place ever? Except I never know where my kids will end up or how long it will take me to find them." Oh, and there's food and movies too.

http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp
[/b]
Wow, that looks like fun. Thanks for the tip.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I whole heartedly agree that St. Louis' City Museum is fabulous. It's one of the best of its kind in the country. If you like the SL City Museum, if you're ever in Philadelphia, make sure you visit the Please Touch Museum and the Franklin Institute Science Museum.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
stephen_s
I hate driving
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 164 stephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I like St. Louis. The Arch was awesome and I also like the Bowling Hall of Fame.
stephen_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

St Louis is a great town. You can also see Chuck Berry (he's 80 now!) perform once a month in the Duck Room at Blueberry Hill.

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote