Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By air
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By air Flying somewhere? Talk about it here.

Old 04-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
FEDUP
No Avatar

Default THERE FOR MY SAFETY

Remember the Singapore airlines flight crew, who were witnessed stepping on passengers in a rush to get out the door following an accident at the Taipei airport. Singapore airlines flight crew are the best I haveht ever encountered and I dont believe anyone can predict how an individual will react in an emergency situation-human nature noone to blame. However flight attendent bravado 'were here to save your ass not kiss it' in pc speak we are here primarly for your safety is bulll%$#. Subtext sitdown shoutup, dont ask for anything wer e here because our family will kill us if they loose flight priveledges. Why dont you become a nuclear physicist or try to win a few nobel prizes if you have such disdain for the people who pay you salary
Old 04-08-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
James Wysong
Tripso columnist
No Avatar

Rep Power: 0 James Wysong rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding
Default Bad experience?

Don't know if I want you on my flight

I agree that Singapore has some of the best flight attendants in the system, but have you ever seen the size of their crews? They have at least two times as many flight attendants on a flight as most American carriers. So if you are Fed up, next time fly Singapore Airlines.

Now with US airlines tightening the belts, salaries have been halved as well as manpower. You say if you don't like it, leave? Well, many people are doing just that. Just wait until the minimum wagers hit the airways, let me know how you like it then.

In the end, you get what you pay for. Try to put yourself in the flight attendants shoes for a flight, we get all the verbal frustration as we are the front of house. I am not excusing rude behavior, just explaining why some of it happens.
James Wysong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
Anonymous
No Avatar

Default Re: THERE FOR MY SAFETY

This is FedUp's second shot at this topic. Note the class of it being "BS" that FA's are for safety....like FedUp knows how to work all the safety equipment? It is true that crews are moving on to careers that properly compensate their abilities. Only thing keeping those that are left is the short-term seniority. There is no reason anyone must abandon the years put into a career just because people like "FedUp" have an all or nothing solution to other people's lives.

FedUp offers no support for their comments which are no more than an opinion. Citing one incident on one airline proves nothing. It does ignore the many evacuations that happen without an accident.

FedUp represents the passenger who wants full service from smiling, happy crews while not having to pay for a ticket or the service. Fact is that crews are paying part of every passengers ticket....so I guess, according to FedUp the crews are paying their own salary. When they decide it's not worth it, FedUp can drive or walk....and the gas for the car will cost more than the ticket they buy today.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:53 AM   #4
Reality Barbie Doll
No Avatar

Default RUDE BEHAVIOR

:twisted: It amazes me how people pack their brains and bring out the gloves while flying today. It's a jungle out there and no front line employees deserves to be blamed for high fares, no food, long lines, etc. etc. You see it everywhere. The CEO with golden paycheck and retirement should be blamed--you think the passenger is treated poorly--the employee gets it from both ends--glad to have the good years behind me---no benefits or retirement but at least the abuse is behind me!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
makfan
Trusted Member
No Avatar

Rep Power: 37 makfan rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding
Default Re: RUDE BEHAVIOR

Quote:
Originally posted by Reality Barbie Doll
:twisted: It amazes me how people pack their brains and bring out the gloves while flying today. It's a jungle out there and no front line employees deserves to be blamed for high fares, no food, long lines, etc. etc. You see it everywhere. The CEO with golden paycheck and retirement should be blamed--you think the passenger is treated poorly--the employee gets it from both ends--glad to have the good years behind me---no benefits or retirement but at least the abuse is behind me!

A couple of thoughts.

1. The traveling public is getting what it asked for, and frankly I think it stinks. People flock to the cattle call with no food because it is cheaper, then they stand in line at the airport fast food places and spend the money they saved on their airline tickets on cr---y food. And heaven forbid you have a delayed connection--sorry, no food, unless you like $3 boxes of fattening snacks.

2. The employees have been royally hosed over the past few years. It's very hard for me to buy an airline ticket knowing what goes into management's pocket vs. the line employees, but if I stop buying tickets, the line employees would lose out all together.

3. All I can do is try to patronize the airlines that still offer service that I want, and I can always try to say hello and thank you to the gate agents and flight attendants that I encounter. And when one of those is extra helpful, I send a note to the customer service department.
makfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #6
Anonymous
No Avatar

Talk to the woman who collapsed on the floor of my galley without a pulse this past friday. She had no one but us (f/as) to help her. And we did.

Just a side note. I don't know what airlines you choose to fly on but mine is almost always full. "Flight privledges" are only good if there is a seat open.

One more thought. I find that I am a "foil" for my passengers. If they treat me in a pleasant, respectful manner- they get it back. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't. Times that by several hundred people that an average flight attendant can face in a day and...
Old 05-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #7
sgadless
Trusted Member
No Avatar

Rep Power: 37 sgadless rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding
Default If you're so fed-up.....

If you're so fed up with the airlines that you actually made "fedup" your screen name, then perhaps it's time for you to stop flying. If I were in the senior management of a carrier that you complained this much about, I'd "Jeffrey Gitomer" your butt so fast you'd have no place left to turn but Amtrak. How is it possible that I easily fly twice as much as you (or more) and NEVER have the problems you have??
sgadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:26 AM   #8
Anonymous
No Avatar

This post was deleted. Personal attacks are not permitted on this board.

Jwf
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #9
Anonymous
No Avatar

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
This post was deleted. Personal attacks are not permitted on this board.

Jwf

That was in no way ment to be an attack. It was just comments along with personal opinion. Remove your name from the top and re-post please.

C.D.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #10
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Terms of Service

The following excerpt is from the TOS of the forums. The commentary was deemed in violation and the post was deleted.

Quote:
vii. You may not post or transmit any message which is harmful, threatening, abusive or hateful. It is not the Service's intent to discourage you from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views; however, Tripso.com reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in cases where the Service is used to disseminate statements which are deeply and widely offensive and/or harmful.
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote