Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By land
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By land Renting a car? Staying at a hotel? This forum's for you.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #1
stephen_s
I hate driving
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 164 stephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

It used to be that anyone with a hose and a Hefty bag could claim to operate a water slide. Not anymore.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/DESTINATION...tion=cnn_travel
stephen_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
jjjenny
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 77 jjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I live within an easy drive to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels but have yet to go to the park. I've been tubing down the river there, which is a lot of fun. Maybe next year I'll make it there. This year they also opened up a Schlitterbahn in Galveston. I've heard it' not as big or good as the original one.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

In Lake George - about an hour north of here - there is a hotel with the water park inside. I haven't been t here yet but maybe next year.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatescape/index.asp
Old 08-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
bini8104
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

I have been to Water World in Colorado a couple of times. My favorite ride is "Journey to the center of the earth" and "The Storm". You can wear yourself out carrying tubes up hill all day long.
bini8104 is offline   Reply With Quote