Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By air
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By air Flying somewhere? Talk about it here.

View Poll Results: What international airline offers the best 1st Class service?
All Nippon Airways 1 3.85%
Cathay Pacific 6 23.08%
Emirates 1 3.85%
Gulf Air 0 0%
Lufthansa 1 3.85%
Malaysia Airlines 0 0%
Qatar Airways 0 0%
Singapore Airlines 9 34.62%
Swiss 1 3.85%
Thai Airways 1 3.85%
Other 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Forbes.com has recently set out to identify those airlines that do first class best. Who do you like among international airlines for first class service, and if you can, tell us why.

I'll reveal the top 10 order as compiled by Forbes.com in a few days, but in the meanitme place your vote in our poll.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:02 AM   #2
nobody122
Bronze Poster
No Avatar

It all depends on where you are going and from where. Overall, Emirates is the best (provided it is on the A340)--you get almost a complete room! Thats who I prefer to fly with if I am leaving from Europe to go somewhere--pity they have limited US flights.

To Australia, United has an excellent product. To Europe, Singapore (if you can catch the JFK-FRA flight), VA, or BA (the Brits still know how to do old school lux). To South America, the only choice is American (everyone else flys a domestic "first" or a "business first").

Ones to avoid? Definately Air Pacific (its like a hostel in the sky full of backpackers looking for the cheapest way to Asia or Australia). Thai didn't impress me much either and actually, neither did any of the SkyTeam Alliance airlines

Ah, first class travel--the benefits of working for a company that still has ridiculous expense accounts (plus top-tier elite on One World and Star really helps too!)
nobody122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
purpleeagl
Trusted Member
No Avatar

Rep Power: 37 purpleeagl rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding

Going to the South Pacific, I definitely prefer Qantas over UA or NZ. Too bad it was not on the list.

I am still happy with BA first to Europe. As was mentioned before " BA (the Brits still know how to do old school lux). " they still have white glove service.
purpleeagl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #4
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally posted by purpleeagl@Nov 29 2005, 04:19 PM
Going to the South Pacific, I definitely prefer Qantas over UA or NZ. Too bad it was not on the list.

I am still happy with BA first to Europe. As was mentioned before " BA (the Brits still know how to do old school lux). " they still have white glove service.
[snapback]14538[/snapback]
I can certainly understand your preference of Qantas over UA or NZ. Unfortunately, Qantas didn't make it to the Forbes list which is the basis for the poll.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:50 AM   #5
travel
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 37 travel rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned@Nov 23 2005, 10:44 PM
Forbes.com has recently set out to identify those airlines that do first class best.* Who do you like among international airlines for first class service, and if you can, tell us why.

I'll reveal the top 10 order as compiled by Forbes.com in a few days, but in the meanitme place your vote in our poll.
[snapback]14297[/snapback]
Ned, my fave has been left out of the poll! I LOVE British Airways--first class and business class....I have flown both Lufthansa and Virgin Atlantic business class, but prfer BA. I have always heard that some of the Far East airlines are better.