Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Miss USA - Miss Universe National Cultural Costume !

Someone sent me this link to the Miss Universe - National Cultural Costumes pictures.

The pictures are incredible, but DON'T read the comments if you are a reasonable person...

Here is Miss USA

Here are more
http://www.examiner.com/beauty-pagea...d-hall-picture
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Why do these pagents even exist?
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodega View Post
Why do these pagents even exist?
Hmmm....now that's a great question. Maybe that should be the question asked the pageant finalists next year?

I would ask another question. Why are there these kid beauty pageants for girls 3-12?

This was an 11 year old participant in one of these pageants.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Mostly to satisfy the transferred dreams of the mother....

Ned, you coach soccer, you probably see a similar trend there all the time. I know I did when I coached little league and t-ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Hmmm....now that's a great question. Maybe that should be the question asked the pageant finalists next year?

I would ask another question. Why are there these kid beauty pageants for girls 3-12?

This was an 11 year old participant in one of these pageants.

Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Sure I see parents living through their kids on the athletic field, but this nonsense takes it to another level, IMHO.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #6
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Hard to believe that's an 11 year old! I can't imagine what kind of life those kids have.

But, the Miss Universe "Cultural" costumes are fun and not harming anyone.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I liked looking at the costumes too. Some were fitting with their countries but some of them, I am not so sure about. I think pagents are fine for the adults...but not those kiddy ones....awful what those girls dress like that IMO.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdew View Post
Hard to believe that's an 11 year old! I can't imagine what kind of life those kids have.

But, the Miss Universe "Cultural" costumes are fun and not harming anyone.
Fun is in the eye of the viewer I guess. But then since I find these pagents demeaning to women, I have a hard time understanding why hot pants and a bare midriff were a part of the costume? Looks like a strippers costume not a college scholarship applicant!! But then I was at the grocery store yesterday when the high school was let loose for the day and the girls clothing on the one who were in front of me were about a brief what this woman was wearing so perhaps my age is speaking!
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote