Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tech Support Got computer, Internet, or network woes? Is your smartphone not working right? Got virus or spyware problems? This is the place to get help, and give tips and advice.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Where Did IE Go?

OK this is strange. I am a Firefox user but need IE for certain sites (Apple, Vax, etc)

Went to look for it today and it is gone. Vanished. In the IE folder under ALL PROGRAMS all I have is Web Publishing Wizard.

OK so I go to Microsoft and download IE 8 and do the install and reboot deal and it is still not there.

Any suggestions?
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Question

John, have you done a search for iexplore.exe at all? If not, would you please and tell me if you've found it or not, and if you did find it, where it is. Just in case, please make sure you search for hidden files and folders in addition to the usual search options.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Hmmmm ... interesting coincidence: I seem to have two copies of IE 7 here.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Said search complete no results to be found (and I did seek hidden files)
Old 10-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairho View Post
Hmmmm ... interesting coincidence: I seem to have two copies of IE 7 here.
Email me a copy? LOL
Old 10-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
dshilaos
Travel & Yachting Pro
Gold Poster

Rep Power: 49 dshilaos is able to use approved electonic devicesdshilaos is able to use approved electonic devicesdshilaos is able to use approved electonic devicesdshilaos is able to use approved electonic devicesdshilaos is able to use approved electonic devicesdshilaos is able to use approved electonic devicesdshilaos is able to use approved electonic devicesdshilaos is able to use approved electonic devices

I'm hearing the theme from Twilight Zone here!

Mark Twain
dshilaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Very wierd, because IE is so tied in to most of MS Operating systems if its not there things stop working at all..
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #8
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Even more strange. I downloaded IE8 and when I click install, it does it's thing. Asks for a reboot. Reboot. When it comes up, before my desktop appears, a box asking if I want to run the IE8 install appears. I click yes, and off it goes. I see it going through the steps--downloading files, updating files, checking for harmful crap, and then installing. And then it goes away. But it is not installed.

Now I am getting a Windows Update warning and am installing that and it seems complete. Did not require a reboot, but still no IE.

Grrr.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

When was the last time you did a full virus scan John?

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Scans and updates to software are done daily.

Can;t say when it actually disappeared as I use it for so little. But needed to access Apple yesterday and poof--