Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Destination tips > Central and South America
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #21
Jevia
No Avatar

Rep Power: 25 Jevia rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding

Mexico trip went well. I was expecting slightly better prices and deals, considering Mexico is still somewhat recovering from last year's swine flu and this years crime reports, but prices weren't too bad.

Mazatlan is apparently quite ripe for developers, or at least trying to be. They were doing a lot of hard sells for these new Private Residence Clubs.

Weather was good, flight decent enough (Continental was ok, free food that was good, free checked bag back to the US).

My main surprise was the price of sun lotion. $15 a bottle. If I had known that, I would have checked a bag full of it. I didn't bring any because I thought I could buy it for a comparative price and didn't want to pay $25 for a checked bag. I thought I would have had to pay the bag fee for the Philly to Houston flight, but since we went onto Mexico, I may not have anyway. But it still would have saved money to pay $25 to check a bag with the 4 bottles of sun lotion we went through at $15 a piece.
Jevia is offline   Reply With Quote