Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Thumbs up Have a great holiday weekend

As we enter the Labor Day Holiday weekend in the US, I want to wish everyone here a terrific 3 day holiday.

I'm working the entire weekend. I hope you all have it off.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
AaronK
Platinum Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 99 AaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

As much as I wish I had 3 days to loaf, I will be painting. Decided to repaint my bedroom prior to my future wife moving in.
AaronK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I am working too. I am taking my ladies to the Scottish Games today, to another residence tomorrow to swim, and on Monday we are going to Pine Lake Beach. Pine Lake is a smalll lake in the Adirondacks. The beach is shallow and has a nice picnic area.

Next week, when I get off shift, I am going to see my travel agent on Thursday to open our accounts for a cruise in 2011 with three of the ladies. The fourth one has decided on a trip to Dollywood with Peoples and Places in 2010. Friday I will pick up my grandson for overnight.

On Saturday, Sept 12, my father is being honored in a ceremony for the 50th anniversary of Little Giants Football - like pee wee football. He is the last surviving founder. My sister is coming up from West Virginia - I haven't seen her in about 4 years. At least 4 of my siblings are attending - there are 7 of us - and I made sure the grandchildren knew. There are at least 3 of them attending along with their children.

(My father has 7 children, 7 grandchildren and 7 great-grand children.)
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Susan, it sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy it
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

My husband is home for the weekend! First time I've seen him in 6 weeks! Yea!

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Packing...Cleaning..Packing...whee!
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Have a great long weekend everyone!

I just mowed the lawn, did some weeding in the garden, at some point this weekend I might see about building a firewood storage rack. Which reminds me I still have the remnants of a cedar thing to get out of the garden.

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

It was a cheesy kick-off to the holiday weekend for me. I just got back from the Cheese Festival with a sack full of 11 different varieties of...umm...of course, cheese. And lots and lots of curd, which isn't all that easy to come by in your typical supermarket.

The gathering is an annual hoo-ha at the nearby Amish cheese house, really more a celebration of all things Amish than just cheese, as much an event for our sizable local Amish and Mennonite communities than for we English that also show up to enjoy. I didn't realize there were that many varieties of jams, jellies and whole preserves, let alone pie. I had to leave or risk exploding from all of the sampling.

Time for a nap before the next fun thing, whatever we decide that is.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangreenhoe View Post
And lots and lots of curd, which isn't all that easy to come by in your typical supermarket.
It's definitely not something you find in the typical supermarkets around here. We were very surprised by Cheese curds on the menu in an ice cream / fast food place last summer when we drove through your part of the country.

This year we saw it again in CA or AZ or NM or TX or OK or ??

Enjoy the nap.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdew View Post
It's definitely not something you find in the typical supermarkets around here. We were very surprised by Cheese curds on the menu in an ice cream / fast food place last summer when we drove through your part of the country.

This year we saw it again in CA or AZ or NM or TX or OK or ??

Enjoy the nap.
Cheese curds weren't available in my immediate area until the Amish opened the cheese house sometime back in the mid 80s. They only sell them on site or in a very few specialty food stores in this part of the state.

I developed a taste for them when I lived on the other side of the lake, in Minnesota but especially in Wisconsin where they are everywhere, even in the chain markets there. We informally call them "squeakers" because the salty, rubbery nuggets squeak between your teeth when you eat them.

Nap is in, off to pick elderberries this evening. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. We are finally having decent weather, the best of this summer yet.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote