Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Silly Tweets

Not all of us follow everybody so here's a place to post the silly ones which come along, as they happen. This first one is only coincidentally travel related:
TodayInTheSky Become a fan of Akron-Canton on Facebook, get $25 off on AirTran: http://bit.ly/CAK-25 #travel
Please feel free to add yours when you get them.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I just don't get the twitter thing.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

I don't understand many who tweet either and their love affair with it. I've seen some use it to tell their followers everything they do, such as waking up, eating breakfast, driving to the mall, picking up the kids and even using the "John."

On the other hand, Twitter can be an effective tool to drive readers to your website. It's certainly helped increase the traffic at my Blog via the Twitter announcements I make.

For example, one of my Tweets today is:
Quote:
This week's NSL Photography Blog featured article is "Traveling with a tripod: It's love — Hate." http://is.gd/2as5e
This Tweet is scheduled to be Tweeted at 11:00am this morning. I use a website, tweetlater.com to schedule my tweets for the day. There is no way I'm going to sit in front of my computer all day to Tweet. I send between 4 and 10 tweets a week. They are all announcements about NSL Photography, my articles at Tripso, or breaking Photography/Travel Photography news.

I do think that Twitter can be an effective tool.

I manage the Internet services for the Morris Animal Refuge, the oldest animal shelter, still in business, in the nation. It's located in Philadelphia. We started using Twitter about a month ago to announce our events, information on taking care of companion animals, and our companion animals available for adoption. In that short time we've already got more than 360 people following our Tweets. Several adopters found us via Twitter, so that's great for the animals. It's also driven more people to our website, which in turn helps get new adopters.

It's all in how Twitter is used.

You can find me at Twitter at http://twitter.com/NSL_Photography if you're interested.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
AaronK
Platinum Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 99 AaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I too have yet to see the point of Twitter. Tried it, just don't see it. The only time I found it useful was when my brother and his wife were expecting their first baby a few weeks ago, and he used Twitter to update everyone on what was going on.

Outside of that, I still haven't found a use. The same is true for Facebook.
AaronK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

May I request this thread about interesting tweets not be hijacked?

Please discuss the efficacy of Twitter elsewhere (where it has already been done to death).
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Talk about silly tweets, a few weeks ago friends of mine let me know they now tweet. I found out that last Thursday they shampooed their carpet, Sunday they couldn't get a washer all day in their builiding's laundry room to wash their new sheets and today they are refreshed from the weekend to get rolling again. The weekend prior they let the world know they would be gone to the lake for the weekend. I don't get it either!
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairho View Post
May I request this thread about interesting tweets not be hijacked?

Please discuss the efficacy of Twitter elsewhere (where it has already been done to death).
I guess not.
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

What? Don't you think my friend's tweets are silly I certainly do...and stupid!
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodega View Post
What? Don't you think my friend's tweets are silly I certainly do...and stupid!
Man, I need to stay off the forums, I am having a serious reading comprehension problem today! Sorry! Totally misread your post!
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Ned - we don't need to follow you on Twitter. You are here. All the time.

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote