Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Firefox 3.5 Beta 4

So far I am liking it. The crashes seem to have stopped, the speed seems faster, and the memory usage is less. Only bummer (so far) is that it does not work with all add ons and extensions, most notably missed is the COPY PLAIN TEXT

FYI, I believe the crashes before were due to a conflict with Google Gears (which was somehow installed as an add on--not me) It became a REAL issue when I could no longer upload or work with images in WordPress.

Just an FYI
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

OK I am missing the thingie in the menu bar that rotates and tells me a page is loading. It is still in the tab, but I have my eyes trained to go to the upper right.

Hey Ned, are you on this version? They talk about "tearing away" tabs...what's that all about?
Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

I am not yet using the Beta version. Tear Away Tabs are tabs you can pull off to become a new window, pull back to the old window, pull from one window to another window.

Try left clicking and holding on a tab and pull it off to your desktop. Let go, and it should form another window. Open another tab on that window, then drag that tab to the other window on the tab bar and let go. It should have moved from the first window, to the other window.

Take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgUn8UCJe6Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
OK I am missing the thingie in the menu bar that rotates and tells me a page is loading. It is still in the tab, but I have my eyes trained to go to the upper right.

Hey Ned, are you on this version? They talk about "tearing away" tabs...what's that all about?

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I didn't even know this was out yet. Am downloading it now.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Noticing a glitch here. It seems when there is supposed to be a box that pops up when you hover does not show up. I used to be able to preview threads here by hovering over the thread URL and now all I get is a little tiny (like the size of the inside of a letter o) squarish box.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Wink

You're now a beta tester. You should report the glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
Noticing a glitch here. It seems when there is supposed to be a box that pops up when you hover does not show up. I used to be able to preview threads here by hovering over the thread URL and now all I get is a little tiny (like the size of the inside of a letter o) squarish box.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

They don;t make it easy to report glitches...all I see is search the knowledge base. Not that upset about it.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
bravestar
Travel Professional
Über Poster

Rep Power: 102 bravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

You can report glitches and bugs here:

http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
Old 06-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Thanks did it
Old 06-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

Actually, the best place to report bugs and find out about bugs, especially for beta versions is Bugzilla: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org

You do need to create a free account to use Bugzilla.