Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Destination tips > Oceania and Antarctica
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Local New Zealand shopping help

I need to send my niece some items that she desperately needs. She is living in the "burbs" of Hamilton. Are there any NZ stores where I can order the items online and have them shipped to her?

Also, anyone know of a good way to send $$ to her in NZ? We though of western union but they are too far from her location.
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
rampo
Silver Poster

If the money being sent is a one-time thing, wiring the money is probably the way to go, either by Western Union or from your commercial bank to her bank account in New Zealand.

If you want to send money on a routine basis, you may want to think about sending a reloadable VISA card. You just mail the person the card and tell them the PIN over the phone. I'm really not a shill for Burke & Herbert , but I know that many of the local latino workers use B&H's Parrot VISA card to send money back home to their families rather than get ripped at the local cambios. The card's initial cost is about $4 or $5 , plus an ATM fee of $1 whenever the card is used. (The New Zealand bank on the other end may charge their own ATM fee, of course, plus there's the usual VISA currency conversion rate.) The card balance can be monitored online or reloaded by shifting funds from a B&H bank account.
rampo is offline   Reply With Quote