Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Letters to Santa

One of my DH's nephews has just typed up his letter to Santa. He's 9. I think he was going along with the nah there's no Santa Claus thing and then decided to panic and think that maybe there is and he should send a letter.

I'll be emailing it to Santa via Canada Post in a little bit, once I'm sure he's got all he wants in there. Currently he has:

" I would like a black monster truck raidio controled car.May I have one from you? I had no F on my report card."

His dad told him that he should put in that he was a mostly good boy this year, but also said that he had to be truthful, and I notice he's left that out

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
jjjenny
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 76 jjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

To be young once again and innocent. I hope he gets his truck.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

My youngest was about 6 or 7 when he wrote a letter to Santa. We have rural delivery and the mail person took the note and in a few days, my son got a letter in the mail from Santa! That kept his belief in the man in red for several years.

I am sure Santa will appreciate how well he is doing in school and I bet that truck will be there on Christmas morning.
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
weblet
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 161 weblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Santa always came through with the 'black monster truck radio controled car' for my youngest...
Old 12-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

His older brother is now in the process of writing his. It apparently contains things like "I hit my brother and picked my nose a lot".

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 426 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
His older brother is now in the process of writing his. It apparently contains things like "I hit my brother and picked my nose a lot".
You see, that's my problem too. LOL. Santa knows all, sees all. The only way I'm getting what I really want is to blackmail the old ba$tard and I'm having a difficult time digging up any dirt on him.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I have a friend with an 11 year old daughter. She's not really certain that santa really exists but she's afraid if she chooses the wrong one (he exists vs. he doesn't exist) then she won't get presents.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 426 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrp96 View Post
I have a friend with an 11 year old daughter. She's not really certain that santa really exists but she's afraid if she chooses the wrong one (he exists vs. he doesn't exist) then she won't get presents.
Yeah, it's kind of like religion for some, especially those who just got a particularly serious medical diagnosis or are just beginning a lengthy prison term.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I was just reading somewhere and I forget the context but essentially it was saying that Christmas has more meaning when parents forego the Santa thing--rather than having to be good for a guy you never see and having a crap shoot of what you get, it is better to be with people that see you every day and KNOW the good and bad and still love you anyway.

In 2nd grade there was a conspiracy of my daughter's class and they all decided to bring in the labels from their presents after school break to compare "Santa's" handwriting. Well I got wind of this and created a nifty label template and sent the word off to other parents in the class along with the template, and lo and behold, we held the belief in Santa for another year!
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

My boss has 2 sons. The oldest, 13, no longer believes in Santa, but the 9 year old still does. The 13 year old loves getting to help play santa for his little brother. It's something really special to him.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote