Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Offbeat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default It's Veterans day. Please remember those who served.

Just a reminder to remember those who served our country.

Just a thought; how many here have served in the armed forces?
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Both my first husband and my present husband are vets...current husband was a storekeeper in the Navy and served on a gunboat in Vietnam. My father is a veteran. My nephew is in the Coast Guard.

Bless our Veterans!!! And the thankless job they do.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
jjjenny
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 77 jjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

My husband is a vet, army.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I did 4 in the USAF(1993-1997) and 2 in the Balt. Air National Guard(1997-1999).
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
prismtx
Trusted Member

Rep Power: 30 prismtx is first in line for takeoffprismtx is first in line for takeoffprismtx is first in line for takeoffprismtx is first in line for takeoffprismtx is first in line for takeoffprismtx is first in line for takeoff

I have 2 sons in the military. One Air Force and one Navy. The one in the Navy has today off, then deploys to an air base in Iraq tomorrow. So he is spending today with his wife and son.
prismtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Pez, thank you for your service to our country.

My grandfather was a World War II vet. I have a cousin in the National Guard who is currently on his second tour in Iraq (although expected to come home in December).
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I'm still under a services contract to the Defense Department. Have been doing contract work for them for 35 years.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
weblet
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 161 weblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Air Force brat here... Grandfather WWI, Uncle WWII, Father 2 tours in Viet Nam... Yes, I appreciate what today is.

Appropriate that I spent the day in 6th grade classes giving intercultural presentations for AFS - AFS started as the American Field Service Ambulance Corps in WWI and WWII. At the end of WWII members felt they could better promote world peace by doing exchanges with our young people... The kids were great.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

I just got back from our local Veteran's Day parade. Let me tell you that, yes, the older soldiers matching or riding in uniform brought tears to my eyes, however, it was the young teenage boys who were standing next to me and were so repectful of each group as they passed by, that made my heart swell with pride. The streets were lined with young, old and former military. I heard not one negative comment, only applause and honor to those of you who have served.
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
mercwyn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 174 mercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I served 8 years in the USMC and still feel indebted to those who are serving and those that served before me. Thank you all.
mercwyn is offline   Reply With Quote