|11-04-2008, 07:50 PM||#1|
Member since: Jun 2005
Rep Power: 203
Doo Wop Oldies Quiz:
Thirty great memories about music that caused our
parents and teachers grief!!!! Welcome to 'The Expanded
Doo-Wop Oldies Quiz.' Take the quiz and see how you
score as a true 'Oldies Fan.' Write down your
answers and check them against the answers at the
end. Don't cheat, now!
1. When did 'Little Suzie' finally wake up?
(a) The movie's over, it's 2 o'clock
(b) The movie's over, it's 3 o'clock
(c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock
2. 'Rock Around The Clock' was used in what movie?
(a) Rebel Without A Cause
(b) Blackboard Jungle
(c) The Wild Ones
3. What's missing from a Rock & Roll standpoint?
4. 'I found my thrill . . .' where?
(a) Kansas City
(b) Heartbreak Hotel
(c) Blueberry Hill
5. 'Please turn on your magic beam, _____ _____
bring me a dream,:
(a) Mr. Sandman
(b) Earth Angel
(c) Dream Lover
6. For which label did Elvis Presley first record?
7. He asked, 'Why's everybody always pickin' on me?'
Who was he?
(a) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
(b) Charlie Brown
(c) Buster Brown
8. Bobby Darin's 'Mack The Knife,' the one with the
knife, was named:
9. Name the song with ''A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom.'
(a) Good Golly, Miss Molly
(c) Tutti Fruitti
10. Who is generally given credit for originating the term
'Rock And Roll'?
(a) Dick Clark
(b) Wolfman Jack
(c) Alan Freed
11. In 1957, he left the music business to become a preacher:
(a) Little Richard
(b) Frankie Lymon
(c) Tony Orlando
12. Paul Anka's 'Puppy Love' is written to what star?
(a) Brenda Lee
(b) Connie Francis
(c) Annette Funicello
13. The Everly Brothers are . . ..
(a) Pete and Dick
(b) Don and Phil
(c) Bob and Bill
14. The Big Bopper's real name was:
(a) Jiles P. Richardson
(b) Roy Harold Scherer Jr.
(c) Marion Michael Morrison
15. In 1959, Berry Gordy, Jr., started a small record
16. Edd Brynes had a hit with 'Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb.
'What TV show was he on?
(a) 77 Sunset Strip
(b) Hawaiian Eye
(c) Surfside Six
17. In 1960 Bobby Darin married:
(a) Carol Lynley
(b) Sandra Dee
(c) Natalie Wood
18. They were a one hit wonder with 'Book Of Love':
(a) The Penguins
(b) The Monotones
(c) The Moonglows
19. The Everly Brothers sang a song called 'Till I ________ You.'
20. Chuck Berry sang 'Oh, ___________, why can't you be true?'
(a) Suzie Q
(b) Peggy Sue
21. 'Wooly _______'
22. 'I'm like a one-eyed cat . .
(a) can't go into town no more.
(b) sleepin' on a cold hard floor.
(c) peepin' in a seafood store.
23. 'Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do . . '
(a) cause there ain't no answer for a life without booze.
(b) cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues.
(c) cause my car's gassed up and I'm ready to cruise.
24. 'They often call me Speedo, but my real name is . . ...'
(a) Mr. Earl.
(b) Jackie Pearl.
(c) Milton Berle.
25. 'You're my Fanny and nobody else's . . ..'
26. 'I want you to play with my . . . '
(c) ding a ling.
27. 'Be Bop A Lula . . '
(a) she's got the rabies.
(b) she's my baby.
(c) she loves me, maybe.
28. 'Fine Love, Fine Kissing . . ..'.
(a) right here.
(b) fifty cents.
(c) just for you.
29. 'He wore black denim trousers and . . ..'
(a) a pink carnation.
(b) pink leotards.
(c) motorcycle boots.
30. 'I got a gal named . . '
(a) Jenny Zamboni.
(b) Gerri Mahoney
(c) Boney Maroney.
Answers: Scroll Down .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
1 (c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock
2. (b) Blackboard Jungle
3. (a) Angel
4. (c) Blueberry Hill
5. (a) Mr. Sandman
6. (c) Sun
7. (b) Charlie Brown
8. (a) Mac Heath
9. (c) Tutti Fruitti
10. (c) Alan Freed
11. (a) Little Richard
12. (c) Annette Funicello
13. (b) Don and Phil
14. (a) Jiles P. Richardson
15. (c) Motown
16. (a) 77 Sunset Strip
17. (b) Sandra Dee
18. (b) The Monotones
19. (b) Kissed
20. (c) Maybelline
21. (b) Bully
22. (c) peepin' in a seafood store.
23. (b) cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues.
24. (a) Mr. Earl.
25. (b) butt.
26. (c) ding a ling.
27. (b) she's my baby.
28. (a) right here.
29. (c) motorcycle boots
30. (c) Boney Maroney.
|11-04-2008, 08:40 PM||#2|
Member since: Jul 2005
Location: North Carolina
Rep Power: 205
Just takin' a break from CNN. I don't believe these songs ever caused my parents any grief -they were dancing to them too!
Hate to say it - 30/30.
In addition to being old, I'm a musician.
only the mediocre are always at their best
|11-04-2008, 10:45 PM||#3|
Member since: Apr 2005
Location: Bergen Co, NJ
Rep Power: 278
28 of 30 - but the two that I got wrong, I knew I was guessing on.
#25 and #28 were my downfall.
Some seemed too easy to be for real.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Oldies Songs Revised||TPARick||Laugh-in||5||07-23-2008 10:21 AM|
|WCBS NYC radio to return to oldies format !||tdew||Anything goes||9||07-09-2007 07:34 PM|
|Oldies - Take me back to the 50s||tdew||Anything goes||43||04-09-2007 11:02 AM|
|I like this quiz better...||anniep||Anything goes||12||03-13-2007 07:25 PM|
|Another fun quiz||stephen_s||Laugh-in||2||03-21-2006 08:45 AM|