Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Question I need help...I'm already suffering withdrawal!

OK...I need help. After watching Phillies baseball on TV or in person, almost every night since the beginning of April, I've come to the end of the line with last night's win.

I need help. I need some suggestions for what to do.

I mean...is there something other than baseball out there to do at night?

I'm sure the shakes are going to hit home soon.

I await your help.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
mercwyn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 174 mercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

If I remember correctly, your fair city is home to a couple of other sports. Could you substitute one of them for baseball?
mercwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Plan a trip.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Well, you could go out and loot and riot. Maybe bash out the windows of the WCAU Television Van.

Climb a traffic pole like this guy did last night...
http://break.com/index/crazy-basebal...-off-sign.html

Watch a Flyer's game...

LOL

I know what you mean Ned. I was actually rooting for the Rays last night just to get another two more games in the season! But it was good to win at home.

As the one sign I saw said "Good night Joe Carter"
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

That would be a great idea except that I already watch hockey, can't stand the NBA (too many thugs making too much money for what they do) and football's only once per week (I'm a season ticket holder for the Eagles). I think I need something else M, but thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercwyn View Post
If I remember correctly, your fair city is home to a couple of other sports. Could you substitute one of them for baseball?

Old 10-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Thumbs up

OK. I think I'll call my friends in Ft. Lauderdale (We haven't seen them in months) and plan a trip with them. Ok, that's a start. Thanks.

Maybe we'll go down there for a few days and then off to a quickie cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairho View Post
Plan a trip.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
...As the one sign I saw said "Good night Joe Carter"
I thought that sign was great. I really like Mitch Williams. He moved back to Philadelphia permanently several years ago. We see him regularly in Center-City during the year. He sure was the "Wild Thing" but in '93 Jim Fregosi so over used him that by the time he was in the World Series his arm was like jello. Fregosi was like Gene Mauch reincarnated. Mauch killed our pitchers in '64 and Fregosi in '93.

So far, I like K's idea the best and Mrs. N. and I are actually discussing a trip with our friends in Ft. Lauderdale. Well probably do something in December.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Wink

I can teach you to knit or crochet....you can make scarves for everyone with the cold weather coming....
Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Of course you are not thinking of something close to home like:
Clean out a closet, polish the silver, take everything out of the kitchen cabinets and wipe them down, move the furniture and vacuum, change the sheets on ALL the beds and remake them, clean out your underware drawer....oops, that is my hubby's list when he is bored!! Oh well, you can use it, too
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

I've been watching the Flyers play the Islanders tonight, except for a dinner break (didn't do that during the baseball playoffs). I love hockey and played it when younger, but it's not the same. It's not the World Series with the Phils in it.

Maybe if they make it to the Stanley Cup playoffs and go far this season, but that's not until the spring. The Flyers did win it, in overtime, which helped.