Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Destination tips > United States, Canada, and Arctic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Fall Foliage in Arkansas

I hope Happy Journalist sees this.

The weathermen are saying that this should be a very good year for fall foliage in Arkansas. If you can, this would be a great year to take the drive down Arkansas 23 (the Pig Trail) to see the colors. It's a beautiful drive year round but when the fall colors are out it's spectacular.

If Amy happens to see this, a good drive out of the Little Rock area is to drive up to Petit Jean Mountain when the fall colors are out.
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

I love fall trips and Arkansas is one that is on my list. I am glad you posted this.
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Thumbs up

I've taken that route in Arkansas in the fall, and it was well worth it. It was gorgeous. Another of my favorites is Virginia's Skyline Drive. In the fall it's wonderfully beautiful too. Both of these drives are real fall foliage treats.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Another good drive usually is Arkansas 7 but due to all the rain (spring floods, Gustav, Ike, etc) I believe parts of it washed out and I don't know if it's been fixed yet.

And Ned I agree with you about Skyline Drive, what beautiful country.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
wrp96
Über Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodega View Post
I love fall trips and Arkansas is one that is on my list. I am glad you posted this.
I know that a couple of our local news stations usually monitor when colors are at their peak. I'll try and keep up with it and let you know in case you want to make the drive this year.

Some years we just don't get that spectacular of colors (too dry, too hot) but this year seems perfect.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Unfortunately it won't be this year. My plan is to fly into Nashville and do a circle trip to include the Smokey Mts, Memphis and into Arkansas. A couple of years ago we did the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Smokey Mts but there was an area of the Smokey's on the TN side that we didn't get to, so we want to go back.

I have had several clients go to Arkansas in the fall for the colors and have come home with great reports. I look forward to seeing your state in full color!!!
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #7
Carchar
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 88 Carchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

The weather channel gives daily foliage updates for the country at this time of year. On TV and at weather.com.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Thumbs up

I didn't know that. Thanks very much. Great tip.
(I've sent rep your way for that great tip.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carchar View Post
The weather channel gives daily foliage updates for the country at this time of year. On TV and at weather.com.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
amybhole
Bronze Poster

Rep Power: 36 amybhole is on the taxiwayamybhole is on the taxiwayamybhole is on the taxiwayamybhole is on the taxiway

Arkansas 7 is still a mess. Drove it recently. The Pg Trail is the best route for sure.

Wrp, if you don't mind, can you send me a pm and let me know where you work? I may have a question for you.
amybhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 PM   #10
Happyjournalist
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 58 Happyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class

Thanks Wrp!

Im still planning that trip down to Little Rock, I hope before the end of the month.

Take care and enjoy the lovely weather! mmm I realy miss Minnesota cold mornings ;-)
Happyjournalist is offline   Reply With Quote