Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
DCTravelAgent
Travel Professional
Über Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 137 DCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default McCain pretty much concedes Michigan!

Already! No matter how they spin this, pulling all resources out of "blue collar" Michigan is a very bad sign for that campaign. Aren't these the "Joe Sixpacks" Palin was supposed to relate to and pull over? This was a "battleground" state. What happened here?
DCTravelAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTravelAgent View Post
Already! No matter how they spin this, pulling all resources out of "blue collar" Michigan is a very bad sign for that campaign. Aren't these the "Joe Sixpacks" Palin was supposed to relate to and pull over? This was a "battleground" state. What happened here?
I admit it. It was me. I pushed them over the limit.

It might have something to do with the fact that "Joe Sixpack" can't afford anything more than a onepack in this state. I gotta tell you that our roadsides are very clean these days because sometimes the only way to afford your beer is to pick up returnables for the deposit from the ditches. The competition is fierce.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. I wish I were. I see the same people day after day along my road, riding their bikes with a big basket to pick up the cans.

People are particularly scared in this state and our own economic meltdown began regionally a few years ago. I think that here more so than in some other states, in people's minds McCain=Bush policies and that hasn't worked out so well for us. I think Obama is taking us by default (could be just about "anybody" other than McCain) because nothing could be any worse than how the status quo has played out around here.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

They are the same folks.

What I don't understand is why anyone would vote for a Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate because they're the kind of person they could sit down in a bar with, down a few tall ones, and have a good conversation.

I want a president who is among American's elite in brain power, who's highly educated, who thinks logically, who has street smarts, who can read people well, who can perform good situational analysis and who is among the best and brightest we have in critical decision making, and who has given more than a passing thought for some time to the important issues of the day and has formulated reasonable solutions for the same. I want a president who is a leader, not someone who uses the polls to make decisions, who will hold onto his/her moral structure, but will consider other points of view and seriously consider their validity and change position if appropriate and justified. To me that's growth, that's not flip-flopping.

If that means he/she can't be my bar buddy, that's ok with me, because the President should have better and more important things to do than hang out with me. (Plus, I don't go to bars anyway.)

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
DCTravelAgent
Travel Professional
Über Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 137 DCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Exactly. I've been wondering why anyone would want to be called "Joe Sixpack"? I mean, who is proud of that? Wouldn't you prefer to be called an "intellectual"?
DCTravelAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

After that 6 pack, Joe feels intellectual, just ask him
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote