Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Real-life late to work excuses

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/workl...ses/index.html

The article is an interesting read, and I particularly liked this late-to-work excuse:

Quote:
6. I have transient amnesia and couldn't remember my job.
I think I've run into a number of people like that, most often when I'm trying to purchase something and the cashier is talking on the phone and ignoring the customers.

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

It wasn't for work but I've actually had to use the presidential motorcade excuse for being late to class - it was actually legitimate.
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I keep getting stuck behind parades. Several local high schools use our football stadium and during the homecoming for each, they run a parade through our campus. Their parades always seem to coincide with me getting off work at one job and having to get to my other job. I guess if librarians made more money, this wouldn't be such an issue.
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Michgal
Travel Professional
Gold Poster

Rep Power: 52 Michgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devices

I didn't read the article but I did have a strange- yet legitimate excuse one day.

I took a back road one day to work and a farmer was loading cows- the cows and semi was parked in the middle of the road and there was no getting around them plus there were cars in back of me! This was probably one of the last working farms in the area due to urban sprawl and my manger was incredulous that I was held up by bovines till I unrolled my window and she heard the mooing! I don't think she fully beleived me even then but .....what do you do?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgal View Post
This was probably one of the last working farms in the area due to urban sprawl and my manger was incredulous that I was held up by bovines till I unrolled my window and she heard the mooing! I don't think she fully beleived me even then but .....what do you do?

Admit it. That was actually you mooing while holding the phone at arm's length. LOL.

When I was employed I actually had to call in late more than once with the excuse that "the neighbor lady is horny and I can't come in until she's satisfied."

And it was true. The gal that used to live in the duplex across the road from me had a little somthin' somthin' on the side. After hubby would leave for his first shift factory job her BF, a trucker, would pull up and park his rig across the road from her driveway and block mine. There's only one way in and out of my property so no other way to escape without an air boat.

Morning delight or not, this dude went a knockin' even though the duplex was rockin', but they never would answer the door. I guess they were "otherwise disposed." I eventually got sick of it and finally called the police. Evidently they answered the door when Smokey was knocking because from then on Romeo parked the rig further on down the road and hiked a ways for his rendezvous with Juliet.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Too bad you didnt have a camera phone.
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
Michgal
Travel Professional
Gold Poster

Rep Power: 52 Michgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devicesMichgal is able to use approved electonic devices

Deano yours takes the cake!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgal View Post
Deano yours takes the cake!
Only because cows in the road is still rather common around here. I think it's an expected road hazard one is supposed to plan for. Heh, heh. It's sort of like trying to use the excuse of getting stuck behind a giant, slow moving bean harvester on County Farm Road on the way to work. Your boss would just give you a dirty look and say, "well it is bean harvest time" and you are the idiot for not planning ahead.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
TravelLisa
Corporate Travel Agent
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 37 TravelLisa is wheels upTravelLisa is wheels upTravelLisa is wheels upTravelLisa is wheels upTravelLisa is wheels upTravelLisa is wheels upTravelLisa is wheels upTravelLisa is wheels up

Actually the morning of 9/11 I was on my way into work (i started at 10am) and the police had stopped me on Route 80 to advise the road was closed for emergency vehicles only. I called my boss from the cell right there on the highway to tell him I wasn't coming in A because I had family in the towers that day, and B all the main roads to work were closed for emergency persons only. He actually told me to (and I quote) "get my ass to work even if I have to walk". I went home, checked on loved ones, worried about friends and typed my resignation that day.
TravelLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
BYOFT
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 71 BYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Gee whiz, Lisa,

Was this a travel industry job?

On 9/11, my boss was at LGA, trying to fly home when the planes hit. Her daughter was in Manhattan. Neither one could call each other, due to the cell phones being overloaded or something, so we had to relay messages between them from Florida. I guess I was needed in the office that day, but at least I had no trouble getting there.
BYOFT is offline   Reply With Quote