Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Question The 10 most stylish cities in the world

There is a strange but interesting story at MSNBC about The 10 most stylish cities in the world. I say interesting, because it's one hell of a great group of cities to visit, and I say strange, because for the life of me I don't get the criteria for their choice at all.

Here's the list:
  1. London
  2. Paris
  3. Sydney
  4. New York
  5. Rome
  6. Barcelona
  7. Melbourne
  8. Berlin
  9. Amsterdam
  10. Madrid
OK, I can't really argue with the cities on the list, although, I wouldn't rank Paris nearly as high, nor Rome as low. I've been to seven of the ten cities. I've not been to Australia or Germany. I don't know if New York should be above Sydney or not, though people have told me that Sydney is fabulous. Of the seven cities I've been to, I'd put Paris below all except Amsterdam and Madrid.

What's your take on the list? Should any of the cities be replaced by a city not on the list. What's your number one.

My number one, of the cities in the world I've visited, is a tie between London and New York. Since I haven't been to Australia, my three and four are Barcelona and Rome.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
karenbjo
Travel Professional
Bronze Poster
No Avatar

I remember when I first got into this industry back in the early 80's, that an older gay TA that I worked with in Carmel Ca, said that Rio was one of the most glamorous cities in the world.
I haven't been, so am fairly clueless. But I do know that some of the most stunningly beautiful women in the world hail from S. America.