Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Offbeat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Preflight Announcement

I thought this was rather funny. The comedy of it actually makes you pay attention to the announcement.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ta9ltJGxjk
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I have ALWAYS wanted to do that. On a recent flight back from Boston with some major turbulence, I ALMOST convinced the FA to let me do the welcome home announcement (had it written out too, it went something like..)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love, Cheesesteaks and Donovan McNabb. 2 out of 3 aint bad. The local time is 10:45. Please remain seated until the plane has arrived at the gate and come to a complete stop with your seatbelts fastened. Unclipping and jumping up will not get the jetway any closer. When removing items from the overhead bin, please be careful, because after that little roller coaster ride mid-trip, not only have items probably shifted, they may be in the next bin over.

On behalf of the rest of the passengers, of which I am in fact one, I would like to thank our Philadelphia based flight crew for providing exceptional drink service before the turbulence and exceptional towel service after. Enjoy your stay in Philly, and I'm sure USAir would like to see us all again soon."
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote