Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Offbeat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Did anybody else watch the Westminster Dog Show?

I know there are lots of other animal lovers on these boards. Did anybody else watch the Westminster Dog Show? I always love watching to see the different dogs - I especially love to see the poodles get beat out by other dogs (latent resentments from being walked by my father's standard poodle as a child).

Anybody else get a kick out of watching?
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Lynn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 60 Lynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet

I did not watch it but will probably manage to catch it on Animal Planet whent hey rerun it. I was thrilled for Uno!! I have watched him over the past year or so, he is a delightful dog. And besides, I just love beagles!!

CTC since 1984, Travel Institute Life Member
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Caribbean Queen
Travel Professional
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 35 Caribbean Queen has closed the door for pushbackCaribbean Queen has closed the door for pushbackCaribbean Queen has closed the door for pushbackCaribbean Queen has closed the door for pushback

A Beagle had not even won Best in Breed since 1939, I believe. It is great that Uno has done so well.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
vacationagent
Supporting Member
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 124 vacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I watched a good bit of the competition on both nights. I thought little Uno was adorable!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
Lynn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 60 Lynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet

I usually catch the dog shows on AP on Saturday mornings, hope they replay the Westminster.

A couple of years ago it seemed that all the shows were run by that miniature poodle....I really don't like the look of those dogs. Then I think it was a Pekinese last year, I may have them reversed, but I don't particularly care for those dustmops either....I think cuz my ex-husband always loved them. (what does that tell ya?)

Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I think it's sad that it always seems to be the little dogs that win. I prefer to have a little dog myself, but there are some really good large dogs out there and I don't think they win very often.
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
Lynn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster

One of my favorite breeds is the Newfoundland, talk about your big dogs! One of them took the Westminster a few years ago, gorgeous dog. But you are right, for the most part it seems that the littler breeds win BIS.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I can't watch the dog shows on television anymore. I discovered my Schnauzer-mystery dog can see them. And then he barks. After about 5 minutes, I find I have to change the channel because I can't take the noise any longer.
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
DenaLou
Travel Professional
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 41 DenaLou is on the taxiwayDenaLou is on the taxiwayDenaLou is on the taxiwayDenaLou is on the taxiway

I watched last night. I really liked the Weirmaraner (?) although Uno is a cute beagle. Since I have a chihuahua I like to see the Toy Group. Loved the little Papilion that was in it.
DenaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaLou View Post
I watched last night. I really liked the Weirmaraner (?) although Uno is a cute beagle.
I loved Uno, but thought the Weimareiner was beautiful. I also really liked the Australian Shepherd, but that's probably because my aunt breeds australian shepherds.
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote