Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Offbeat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
IslandGirl
Travel Consultant
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 88 IslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesIslandGirl has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Shoot me now...I have to have a root canal AND a crown!

I broke off a back tooth a couple of months ago. Not sure how I did it. It wasn't bothering me so I put if off. Went to the dentist this morning and I have to have a root canal and a crown done. Ka-Khing! That's what I get for putting it off. Next week is going to be fun.
IslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Lynn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 60 Lynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet

That hurts at two places....the mouth and the wallet.

I had a temp put in to get me thru the holidays but it was doing so well that I just forgot about it. I started having some issues and so called the dentist and went in this past November......it had been 3 years! Well now, once again my mouth has me in trouble ...... but not for the normal reasons. . . I need about $2500 MORE (as in in addition to the $1800 I have spent so far) in dental work.

CTC since 1984, Travel Institute Life Member
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Been there, and have several t-shirts.

The crown part isn't bad, just expensive.
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
CruiseExpert
Travel Professional
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 83 CruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

All is not lost; you can make this a more pleasant expereince by getting the Nitrous Oxide. I get it even for cleanings.
CruiseExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I had a root canal in October, still waiting to get the crown. Dentist is reluctant to do it right now because the tooth is still sensitive from the root canal!

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I never had to have a root canal but 2 years ago, I had 3 crowns done at the same time. I was in the chair for 3 hours. I made sure to have the dentist precribe me valium for it.

And I will be doing it again - on the other side - as soon as I have the Lasik paid for. My dental insurance pays about 50%, my husbands about 1% and I pay for the rest. I am lucky in that my dentist is very nice and he gives me a break on the price. (My patient number is 19....I have been with him since he first came to town.)
Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

If your insurance covers it, and you have a ride, you can ask about oral conscious sedation. I had it for my extraction and bone graft, it was wonderful, I don't remember a THING.
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Fortunately (and NOT due to good genes), I have never had to have any dental work more complicated than having a cavity filled or a tooth pulled. (My poor mother had her entire row of top teeth taken out before I was born. I can only imagine what THAT was like.) However, I did have to have my wisdom teeth pulled and some fillings replaced recently, so I've been in the dental chair a lot lately. When I went in December, he replaced 3 fillings and pulled my last wisdom tooth. I was in the chair 3-4 hours. He had me so doped up I swear I almost went to sleep with that drill whining in my ear. And that was just from the deadening injection - no nitrous oxide for me.

(I fully expect to see my dentist driving around town in a new Mercedes. If I can pick him out from all the other Mercedes' running around town. Mercedes ownership is almost a prerequisite to living here.)
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #9
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

A number of years ago I broke a molar at a movie theater eating popcorn. I got a crown. About 10 years later the crown came off and had to be re-glued. Over the years I've had molar adjusted as my mouth changed.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Ya Know - it was wishing it on myself. I just chipped one of my back upper molars. My teeth are very brittle - bad tooth genes from both sides of the family. And I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday when I get off shift. So I may have to get those crowns before I finish paying for the Lasik...OUCH!!