Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Laugh-in
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laugh-in Laughter makes the world go round.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
TPARick
Travel Professional
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 206 TPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Wink Philly Cop vs New York Lawyer

A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Philly cop. He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a lawyer from New York and is certain that he has a better education then any cop from Philly.
He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Philly cop's expense.
The cop says," License and registration, please."
"What for?" says the lawyer.
The cop says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign."
Then the lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

"You still didn't come to a complete stop, Says the cop.
License and registration, please."
The lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

"The difference is you have to come to complete stop,
that's the law. License and registration, please!" the cop says.
Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration; and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket."
"That sounds fair. Please exit your vehicle, sir," the cop says.

At this point, the cop takes out his billy club and starts beating the ever-loving stuff out of the lawyer and says,
"Do you want me to stop, or just slow down?"

Last edited by jfrenaye; 01-11-2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Removed excessive HTML for readability
TPARick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

SO why is this in the laugh-in section?
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
TPARick
Travel Professional
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 206 TPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
SO why is this in the laugh-in section?
I give up, Why?
TPARick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I'm guessing JF thinks that it's more like a news story! lol

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

That is so much the definition of a Philly cop. In a prior life I worked for an electrical contractor and we did highway cameras and so forth.

I was the PM of a project for PennDOT and were under testing--so we had not legally turned it over to the state as we were monitoring it. Well, there was an accident at the foot of the Walt Whitman Bridge. We called it in and a motorcycle cop was first on the scene. Via the cameras (and the recording) we could see the driver of a car slumped over the wheel, blood on the windshield, and the cop gets off the bike and begins to pick up what appeared to be collectible cards (baseball, etc) that had been tossed out in the crash. He filled up his saddle bags with the cards and when the ambulances approached, he went to look at the victim.

We had a meeting with PennDOT, the State Police and the City to explain that when the project was done, big brother was indeed watching!
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
anniep
Travel Professional
Gold Poster

Rep Power: 65 anniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classanniep has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class

Unfortunately, that smart### attitude is also SO typical of a NY lawyer. Which I can say, since I come from a family full of them
www.AnniesEscapes.com
anniep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
Carchar
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 88 Carchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Sorry, John. I was laughing when I read it.