Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Foodies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Foodies Hungry? Got a recipe? Just eat at that fabulous new place? Come on in!

Old 12-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
maryb
Travel Professional
Silver Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 60 maryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class
Arrow Brownies

Thanks Deano for the turtle pie recipe. I was a great hit at the family gathering (should have made two I was told!). That along with my much requested brownies made me real popular.
BROWNIES:

1 recipe brownies
1 7oz jar marshmellow cream
1 pkg chocolate chips(I use semi-sweet)
Pecans

Bake brownies as directed. Remove from oven and drop dollops of marshmellow cream on top. Return to oven for 5-10 mins. Spread marshmellow and top with chocolate chips. Return to oven another 5-10 mins until chips are soft. Remove and sprinkle with pecans (I usually coarse chop). Very, very rich but (I'm told) really good (FYI I don't eat chocolate so have never tasted them).

Last edited by Ned; 12-27-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Change title to help people to the recipe
maryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Red face

The brownies sound interesting with the marshmallow cream. I've never come across something like this. It would appear to me that the recipe is incomplete however.

You say, "Bake brownies as directed," however, there's no information about that. There's no information about temperature, placement in the oven, time, anything.

Would you please complete the recipe so we could try it. Thanks.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post
Thanks Deano for the turtle pie recipe.
You are welcome. Evil - ain't it?
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:47 AM   #4
Lynn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 60 Lynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet

Thanks for the reminder! I'm making them to take to a party this weekend and need to pick up marshmallow cream!

CTC since 1984, Travel Institute Life Member
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:10 AM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Question

Lynn, maybe you can help. I don't understand the recipe for the brownies, and there's no baking instructions. Can you post what's missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks for the reminder! I'm making them to take to a party this weekend and need to pick up marshmallow cream!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
jimtbay
Go outside! Be active!
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 39 jimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushback

I wonder if she is referring to store bought brownie mix. Following the directions on the back of the box?
Old 12-28-2007, 07:32 AM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

I hadn't thought of that Jim. You may be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtbay View Post
I wonder if she is referring to store bought brownie mix. Following the directions on the back of the box?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #8
maryb
Travel Professional
Silver Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 60 maryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classmaryb has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class

Ned:
You can use your favorite brownie recipe or take the easy way out (like me) and use a brownie mix. Mix and bake as directed. These are so popular I tend to make 2 double recipes.
maryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

Jim was right. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll put it in my favorite brownie recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post
Ned:
You can use your favorite brownie recipe or take the easy way out (like me) and use a brownie mix. Mix and bake as directed. These are so popular I tend to make 2 double recipes.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
Lynn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 60 Lynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetLynn has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Lynn, maybe you can help. I don't understand the recipe for the brownies, and there's no baking instructions. Can you post what's missing?
I'm sorry, Ned, I assumed he meant at Jim posted....use your favorite brownie recipe, be it boxed or home made. For me, no doubt at all...Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines are my friends!

CTC since 1984, Travel Institute Life Member
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote