Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Shopping channel torture

I'm at my mother's place while I'm in Winnipeg, and she's torturing me by having the shopping channel on.

Right now there's some show on "Holiday Gift Ideas", and they're focusing on pieces of "art". First the show hostess said that these are great to pick up for the home to show people how much class you have. Uhm, if you need to point it out to people then you don't have any. Kind of like how if you see someone with the screen name "hottsexxxychick" then you can pretty much bet that it's neither hot nor sexy and probably isn't a chick either.

They went on to show art postcard things, which (according to those hostess) are great to have on hand because you never know when someone's going to have a birthday. Don't you just hate it when that happens? You're going about your life as normal and then "WHAM" there's a birthday. Just awful. Actually I pretty much know when I'm going to have a birthday, they seem to happen pretty consistently. And it's not like I'm going to be standing in line at the grocery store, overhear that it's the birthday of the person in line behind me and say "Oh gosh, you know I've got something for your birthday at home, just a sec and I'll go get it whoever you are..."

This is going to give me nightmares tonight I know it.

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

But Annette, it's only $19.99. It's a steal at that price!!
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

If you want a real nightmare, I know the owners of a company which supplies the HSN and QVC many jewelry items for their sales. While the sales are quite profitable, primarily due to volume, the terms and demands the networks put on their suppliers, would give any one or company nightmares of the worst order.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Rumor has it the only company worse to deal with than QVC is Wal-Mart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
If you want a real nightmare, I know the owners of a company which supplies the HSN and QVC many jewelry items for their sales. While the sales are quite profitable, primarily due to volume, the terms and demands the networks put on their suppliers, would give any one or company nightmares of the worst order.
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote