Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By air
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By air Flying somewhere? Talk about it here.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
drwong
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 39 drwong has closed the door for pushbackdrwong has closed the door for pushbackdrwong has closed the door for pushback
Default Ever Been Mistaken for a Terrorist?

This is may explain why loyal Muslim-Americans don't trust the government:

http://pajamasmedia.com/2007/11/terr...tarmac_261.php
drwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

All I can say is WOW!

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I am actually cool with it. The guy did not voice his concern to the flight crew, and then moved seats to observe...mistaken for a suspicious move.

Unfortunate for sure, but I am cool with it
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

I am not cool with it like you John, not because of what happened, because of the reasons you articulated, but because, I think Wynn deserves to know what happened and some kind of apology for that kind of treatment.

If he was so suspicious, he should have said something to the flight crew.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
mercwyn
Travel Professional
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 174 mercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmercwyn has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I do agree with John that Mr. Wynn's behavior didn't work in his favor on board the aircraft. If he had alerted the flight crew either before or after moving seats I don't think he would have ended up in this mess.

I think it was poorly handled by the police on several levels. It sounds like they were so pumped up that had Mr. Wynn or any other passenger had tripped or anything, there could have been a serious incident. I learned in the Marines that more accidental firearm discharges happen when people are all pumped up then any other time, including when people are on the verge of exhaustion.

I do believe that Mr. Wynn has encountered what has been going on for years with the police around the country and that is the lack of taking responsibility for their actions after the fact. I'm not sure that he deserves an apology per se, however I do think he deserves an explanation of what happened and how to recover damages for what was done to his personal effects.
mercwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Clarification, he is entitled to more than a "your brother will take you home". An apology and a check for some new clothing and probably a free ticket on American.

But as to the reaction of law enforcement, I am 1000% ok with it!
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote