Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot topics > Travel News, Rumors, Scuttlebutt and Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travel News, Rumors, Scuttlebutt and Gossip Heard a hot travel news flash, a travel rumor, scuttlebutt, gossip, something juicy? If so, share it with us here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
vacationagent
Supporting Member
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 124 vacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Dead or Alive?

On Chris Elliott's blog this morning, there's an interesting update on the "death" of Joel Widzer. The death notice has been removed from Joel's website and his web manage hasn't touched it. Calls to Joel's home aren't being returned but there are indications that someone is there. There is a police report that there was a medical emergency in Joel's neighborhood but the coroner doesn't have a body and the funeral homes in the area don't have a body.

If this is a hoax, it should be exposed as a hoax.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
stephen_s
I hate driving
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 164 stephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationagent View Post
The death notice has been removed from Joel's website and his web manage hasn't touched it
I did go to his website and I did find it interesting that they did remove it. I didn't want to mention anything because maybe they wanted to keep his memory alive.

As far as it being a hoax, I don't see a reason why they would do that.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
bini8104
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Wow, this is getting downright strange, but would Joel not come forward to confirm if he is alive?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
DCTravelAgent
Travel Professional
Über Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 137 DCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I have had a "strange" feeling since fist hearing of this, but I don't feel that this is really the right place to speculation.....

TR - I think it might not be appropriate for the OC Register to run an Obit without the family's input - I think this is a strange situation .....
Old 11-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
vacationagent
Supporting Member
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 124 vacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesvacationagent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
but I don't feel that this is really the right place to speculation.....
DC - I don't think a giant "In Memoriam" with his photo and dates like a headstone is the proper place for speculation either. Maybe the thread should be reduced to a regular size, his photo removed, and the thread retitled. Many people have posted condolences (me included) but if condolences aren't in order...
Old 11-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
empress4bb
Travel Professional
Bronze Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 38 empress4bb is boarding the planeempress4bb is boarding the plane

Starting to feel like Alice in Wonderland. This is getting curiouser and curiouser.Something is afoul, hoax,coverup,, or true. In any case, heartbreakingly cruel.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

These comments are inappropriate in the memorial thread because should someone ever want to retain the thread, and the comments be unfounded, it would be quite an embarrassment for all.

But here in Gossip, discuss all you want.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Old 11-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
jjjenny
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 77 jjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

What a mystery! I have been searching the internet and can't find a thing. I wonder what is up with this?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
the dark knight
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 45 the dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devicesthe dark knight is able to use approved electonic devices

Oh my. I sincerely hope that this whole thing was not a "scripted scenario" like a soap and/or professional wrestling. I am old school on death and taxes and serious stuff like that. You don't make light or fake stuff like this. Such is not cool.
Look at the WWE example from earlier this year. You saw how fast they dropped the fake "situation" when a famous wrestler actually passed away. You all know that deal, so I won't rehash it.
If this is a similar situation (of course, we would rather that Mr. Widzer be alive, rather than dead) and is proven as such, then all the negativity that such will generate will be deserved and should be dropped at the door of all involved in such.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #10
Anita Dunham-Potter
Gold Poster

Rep Power: 43 Anita Dunham-Potter is wheels upAnita Dunham-Potter is wheels upAnita Dunham-Potter is wheels upAnita Dunham-Potter is wheels upAnita Dunham-Potter is wheels upAnita Dunham-Potter is wheels upAnita Dunham-Potter is wheels up

This is very odd. It could be that his family requested everything referring to his passing be taken down. It could be that his remains have been transported to his hometown, which would explain the local funeral homes not knowing about it.

That being said, I am sure the details will come on in due time.

Indeed, a mystery.

Best,
Anita
Closed Thread