Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Thumbs down Ann Coulter is at it again. She's always good for a quote.

Last week Ann Coulter was making her usual hate-filled speech, this time on the campus of Xavier University.

One wonders with these gems, how she has any credibility anymore, even among her own Republican Party.

Here are some gems from her speech.
  • "Liberals don't recognize the existence of evil, the closest thing to it in their vocabulary is Wal-Mart."
  • "The fact that liberals are godless is not even a controversial point anymore."
  • "Democrats, believe public restrooms are only for snorting coke."
  • "Terrorists are Democrats with more gumption."
After the speech when asked how she could justify her attacks as a Christian, she defended her hatemongering by saying, "Jesus also used sarcasm and jokes to get his message across.

I thought the last one was a bit on the arrogant side myself, even for Coulter.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I'm not sure I would call her good for a quote. She's a mindless b!tch.

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Ann who??? She is a waste of time
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Face it, she's just a joke. Nothing more than a foolish, exaggerated cartoon figure.

When the subject comes up, I always like to post this link. Here's you chance to pull her strings for a change.

http://www.talkingpresidents.com/pro...-coulter.shtml
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

To many people in this country, she is far from a joke. She is speaking their language, articulating their beliefs, spewing their bile. Chris Wimsatt, chairman of the Xavier College Republicans said, “It’s really exciting to have someone of the caliber of Ann Coulter coming to campus. Our club decided to bring Ms. Coulter in response to leftist speakers such as Michael Moore, Joe Wilson and former President Bill Clinton.”

I would call Michael Moore definitely a member of the left, but Bill Clinton? And of course, Coulter, in my opinion, makes the extreme right look positively centrist, but these college students loved her, and agreed with her. She got standing ovations from the crowd of about 3,000 who went to hear her speak.

Xavier's College Republicans in conjunction with the Young America’s Foundation paid Coulter, the Paris Hilton of postmodern politics, $20,000 to make the speech at Xavier.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
ozzy
Travel Professional
Über Poster

Rep Power: 84 ozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
And of course, Coulter, in my opinion, makes the extreme right look positively centrist, but these college students loved her, and agreed with her. She got standing ovations from the crowd of about 3,000 who went to hear her speak.
Which I think is scarier than the witch herself.
ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

Wow, is that ever the truth Ozzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
Which I think is scarier than the witch herself.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I think she is beyone bit*h. She says things that ultimatly promote hatred between groups.
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #9
M152Sabrina
Travel Professional
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 40 M152Sabrina has closed the door for pushbackM152Sabrina has closed the door for pushbackM152Sabrina has closed the door for pushbackM152Sabrina has closed the door for pushback

I like the line about how "Democrats, believe public restrooms are only for snorting coke."... I did chuckle at that one.

Isn't she Dear Abby's sister? I love how hate is spread and taught like a disease.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

Sabrina, I think that Jeanne Phillips, the current "Dear Abby" and her mother would choke if anyone suggested Ann Coulter was Jeanne's sister. Let me assure you she's not.

Ms. Phillips is the daughter of Pauline Esther Friedman Phillips, otherwise known by her pen name, Abigail Van Buren. Jeanne Phillips has continued to use that pen name, since taking over the column.

Pauline had an identical twin sister, Esther Pauline Friedman Lederer, who was 17 minutes older. Esther wrote the Ann Landers column, which was also syndicated internationally. Esther died in 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M152Sabrina View Post
I like the line about how "Democrats, believe public restrooms are only for snorting coke."... I did chuckle at that one.

Isn't she Dear Abby's sister? I love how hate is spread and taught like a disease.