Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
stephen_s
I hate driving
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 163 stephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Early iPhone buyers to get $100 Apple credit

A day after slashing the price of the iPhone, Apple Inc. Chief Executive Steve Jobs today promised $100 store credits to iPhone owners who had paid full price and issued a rare apology for "disappointing" some of his most ardent supporters.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...la-home-center
stephen_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Sales pooped out long before Apple or AT&T thought they would, so the discount was essential to keep sales going.

Personally I think that was Jobs said to the early adopters of the phone was correct, "This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new, improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon." Early adopters always pay a higher price to say they own it, and soon afterward the price always drops. That's life. If it were me, I wouldn't have issued them the $100 store credit. They don't deserve it.

I got one of the early Treo 680 phones. Now the phone costs $150 less, but I've had the phone for about 6 months. That's the price of early adoption. The Apple customers need to get over it. They're just not used to price drops. Tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_s View Post
A day after slashing the price of the iPhone, Apple Inc. Chief Executive Steve Jobs today promised $100 store credits to iPhone owners who had paid full price and issued a rare apology for "disappointing" some of his most ardent supporters.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...la-home-center

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote