Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Destination tips > Caribbean
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 50 silver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runway
Default Grand Cayman - Great hotel and restaurant

Grand Cayman is my favorite Caribbean Island. I've only been able to visit there 3 times so far, but my favorite place to stay is the Sunshine Suites Resort. The Sunshine Grille is known for their Jerk Chicken nachos, Fish Taco's, and their signature drink - the Pain Killer.

Info:
For reservations in the U.S. call toll free 877-786-1110 or 345-949-3000
UK Reservations (44) 0870-160-9646

SUNSHINE SUITES RESORT
PO Box 30095 SMB
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands BWI
On Island Tel: 345-949-3000
On Island Fax: 345-949-1200
Email: [email protected]

Thanks, Mary

silver cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
travel
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 37 travel rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding
Wink

Great avatar picture!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 50 silver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runway

Ha - couldn't fit both of us in there! LOL.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
MPD
Trusted Member

Rep Power: 27 MPD rounded up the flight crew talking about boarding

We've visited Grand Caymen twice as ship port calls.... Both times were great! I swam with the stingrays on one occasion and our most current visit brought us to the Turtle Farm, "Hell", a quick stop at 7-mile beach, and the Tortuga Rum Factory....and yes, I couldn't resist buying a rum cake. They are delicious!

Any other recommendations should we visit the island again?
MPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper ‹ber Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Question

With the variety of ports available to you, why not sample more islands and countries. Do you just want to stick to the Caribbean, or do you have interest in visiting other parts of the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD View Post
We've visited Grand Caymen twice as ship port calls.... Both times were great! I swam with the stingrays on one occasion and our most current visit brought us to the Turtle Farm, "Hell", a quick stop at 7-mile beach, and the Tortuga Rum Factory....and yes, I couldn't resist buying a rum cake. They are delicious!

Any other recommendations should we visit the island again?

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

There was a great sports bar near the Sunshine Suites - it's called Legends I believe. Nice food too!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper ‹ber Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Mary, the name of the bar is "Legendz." I've been there. It's on West Bay Rd. in the Seven Mile Beach area. I thought the best part of the bar was the local bands which are there almost every night, who play a lot of rock & roll, to which you can dance. Some of the stand-up comics there are pretty good too. Mostly California type food there. The sushi was great, and I'm not even a sushi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cloud View Post
There was a great sports bar near the Sunshine Suites - it's called Legends I believe. Nice food too!

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Yes! That's it Ned! I loved it there. We hung out there a lot. Plus danced on Friday night in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton...dress up though!