Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By land
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By land Renting a car? Staying at a hotel? This forum's for you.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
cole75
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 89 cole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Space ride.. NASA

Cheaper way to experience the thrill of going into outer space..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18870483/

I'll be trying this out the next time I make my way down south...
Old 05-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Sounds like a great experience - I'll try it too.

We did visit the space center one time and were astounded by the size of the things. Even though you KNOW they are big, seeing them in person gives you a whole different perspective.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I love the Kennedy Space Center! This would certainly get me to make a return visit.

And not a giant mouse in sight, which is a good thing.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

KSC is one of the few (only?) local attractions which are (is?) worth visiting, IMO. I get there about every 2 years, usually when we have visitors from another planet, er, state.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Thumbs up

Thanks for letting us know about that Nicole. I'm going. Now if I could get a ride in the real shuttle, that would really be great.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
cole75
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 89 cole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Thanks for letting us know about that Nicole. I'm going. Now if I could get a ride in the real shuttle, that would really be great.
I'm sure that we could all chip in for you Ned! If every Tripso member were to donate say... $100,000 we could get ya up there
Old 05-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Thumbs up

Alright! I didn't know everyone would be that generous. I'll set up a fund.

When I get there, I'll send everyone a picture postcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole75 View Post
I'm sure that we could all chip in for you Ned! If every Tripso member were to donate say... $100,000 we could get ya up there

Old 05-29-2007, 02:53 AM   #8
BPoland
Supporting Member
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 41 BPoland has closed the door for pushbackBPoland has closed the door for pushbackBPoland has closed the door for pushbackBPoland has closed the door for pushback

Wow! I am SO there
Hey Ned, sorry but I don't happen to have an extra $100K lying around at the moment. Do you take Green Stamps?
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 AM   #9
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Thumbs up

Bob, you're showing your age.

When I was 19, our family took a 6 week road vacation and drove across America. We were in Nevada and running on fumes. My Dad, absolutely refused to buy gas, until we came across a station which gave out green stamps, when you bought the gas. We finally found one, and I swear we coasted into the place.

Do you think I can find an S&H Redemption Store where I can turn in the books for the ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPoland View Post
Wow! I am SO there
Hey Ned, sorry but I don't happen to have an extra $100K lying around at the moment. Do you take Green Stamps?

Old 05-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #10
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Do you think I can find an S&H Redemption Store where I can turn in the books for the ride?
Believe it or not, they are still around: S&H GreenPoints

Quote:
Yes! S&H (Sperry & Hutchinson), the people who invented rewards currency with our famous S&H Green Stamps, have brought them into this century as S&H greenpoints, an online rewards currency that, just like our Green Stamps, never expire!
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm

Last edited by Kairho; 05-29-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote