Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Foodies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Foodies Hungry? Got a recipe? Just eat at that fabulous new place? Come on in!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Quick and Easy Brunch Recipe

French Toast Casserole

This is for a 13x9 pan. Spray the pan or else you will be scrubbing for days.

Cube up a loaf of french toast bread...cinnamon bread from Pepperidge farn is what I use. I do this the day before so it can dry out.

Beat 8 eggs together and add 3 cups of milk. Egg substitute and skim milk can be used.

Pour is over the cubed bread in the 13x9 pan. Let it soak for at least an hour. You can also put it in the frig for overnight.

Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. It puffs up very nicely, then settles down.

You do have to let it set for a while to cut it. We usually use maple syrup on it but powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar would be good too.

(For an 8x8 pan just use 1/2 the loaf of bread, 4 eggs, and 1 1/2 cups of milk. )

I get 8 servings for breakfast. If you have other things, you could probably get 12 servings.

This is the most requested "big breakfast" from my ladies at work.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default A TOTAL Winner

Susan--

A total winner here at the Frenaye house! Thanks
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
wpbagent
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 46 wpbagent is wheels upwpbagent is wheels upwpbagent is wheels upwpbagent is wheels upwpbagent is wheels upwpbagent is wheels upwpbagent is wheels up
Unhappy

I can't wait to try it. I will wait to until after my chemo is over and my taste buds get back to normal. At the moment nothing tastes the way it should.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

glad you liked it....I think the best thing about it is that it really takes little time and almost no effort...

I will get out my recipe for Brown Sugar Cinnamon cookies...they are an original. I was published in a local cookbook with it several years ago.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I'm making Susan's recipe for the parents this weekend. If I'm forced to eat too much and blimp up, I'm blaming her.

And I want that cookie recipe! They sound a little like Snickerdoodles which is my favorite cookie in the whole world. Me like cookie.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
susanliber
Platinum Poster

These are better than snickerdoodles by far - alot more cinnamon
Old 05-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanliber View Post
These are better than snickerdoodles by far - alot more cinnamon
Then I'll be in COOKIE heaven. The cinnamon flavor is my favorite.

I just printed the recipes off the other thread. This section is going to make me have to add quite a few more pages to my recipe binder.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #8
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Round two of this recipe. My kids were dancing and begging for it!
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #9
susanliber
Platinum Poster

A lot easier to make than regular French Toast too.

I am at work and tomorrow the ladies want Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes. That is another big one here.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

I'm taking a shot at it tomorrow morning. I have the whole fam damily coming for breakie. I'll be cutting up my bread tonight.