Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #21
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairho View Post
John reminded me of one: those incessant commercials for prescription drugs for diseases people never knew they had. I just thought I was keeping time to the music but NO, that's restless leg syndrome.

Give me a break.
Or - the "ask you doctor if this (medication) is right for you. I don't think the drug companies should be selling to the public. Let them inform the doctors about their new products.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #22
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdew View Post
Or - the "ask you doctor if this (medication) is right for you. I don't think the drug companies should be selling to the public. Let them inform the doctors about their new products.
Bingo! ! !
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #23
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

good thing we all have a place to whine and ***** about such things...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #24
DCTravelAgent
Travel Professional
Über Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 137 DCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Today I'm kind of upset that I forgot to wear green...
DCTravelAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #25
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

I like the drug ads. I think it makes sense to tell the public about drugs which are out there. Then the public can ask relevant questions of the doctors about drug therapies which the doctor might have ignored to that point.

There was an ad for the relatively new shingles vacine which got me to ask my physician about it. My doctor, for whatever reason, had failed to mention it to me. He also didn't know that two of my aunts had suffered from the disease; mother father's mother's sister, and my mother's father's sister.

I'm getting the vacine at the end of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdew View Post

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #26
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTravelAgent View Post
Today I'm kind of upset that I forgot to wear green...

That's tomorrow.
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #27
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cloud View Post
People who drive 35 in a 55 mph zone. I find they are usually driving a Buick. Which is why I HATE Buick's. Now i know some perfectly respectable people drive them (Tiger Woods) but the people I see crawling up the road appear clueless.

Dean - Yeah food is an issue with me right now as well. yow.
Good thing you don't live where I live. I'm a recent transplant, which may be why I notice, but it amazes me how slow the people drive. The speed limit is already lower than it was where I came from, but I'm hard pressed to find anyone at all who will even meet that lower limit, much less exceed it! On the bright side, I've seen a rather large number of people pulled over for running past a school bus in full stop mode. I used to drive one. It's a big peeve for me.

And John225, there ARE NO good hospital commercials. My favorite lately is the local Catholic-affiliated monstrosity advertising their new equipment and "state-of-the-art" facility. I especially love the very comporary music, "The Hustle," being played as the background music. The real kicker is the group of scrub-garbed "dancers" with elbows and shirt tails flying at the end. Most of the time they're just sappy. Although in fairness, we do have one (slightly) smaller hospital in the area that actually puts out commercials that are (slightly) funny. They just bought out another hospital that was about to go under. I find myself rooting for them to take over just so the others' awful commercials will go away.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #28
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Angry

I have one, which fortunately hasn't happened to me in a long time, but it happened today in the ugly freezing sleet and rain we're getting now.

I was so angry when I came back to my parked car, with a little time left on the meter, and saw the meter man already writing me a ticket, in anticipation that I won't make it back to the car before the meter ran out. The excuse was he wouldn't be back to that block for an hour or more and would probably have missed giving me a ticket, as I would be gone by them. He acknowledged that I didn't deserve it, (there were still 3 minutes left on the meter) but wouldn't tear it up. He said once they start a ticket, they have to issue the ticket. NONSENSE! IF THEY'RE WRONG, THEY'RE WRONG.

Now I have to go to parking court, and waste an hour or so, to get the ticket quashed. I'm going to send in a complaint. I took the guy's photo with my cell phone. He wanted to confiscate the phone. He said it was illegal to take his photo. I countered it was illegal for him to write me a ticket for an expired meter which wasn't expired. I took a photo of the ticket beside the meter which still showed a minute left. You can see in the meter number in the photo, and I had the time/date stamp option turned on for the photo. This guy needs to get a few days off, without pay. What a rip off.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #29
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I have one, which fortunately hasn't happened to me in a long time, but it happened today in the ugly freezing sleet and rain we're getting now.

I was so angry when I came back to my parked car, with a little time left on the meter, and saw the meter man already writing me a ticket, in anticipation that I won't make it back to the car before the meter ran out. The excuse was he wouldn't be back to that block for an hour or more and would probably have missed giving me a ticket, as I would be gone by them. He acknowledged that I didn't deserve it, (there were still 3 minutes left on the meter) but wouldn't tear it up. He said once they start a ticket, they have to issue the ticket. NONSENSE! IF THEY'RE WRONG, THEY'RE WRONG.

Now I have to go to parking court, and waste an hour or so, to get the ticket quashed. I'm going to send in a complaint. I took the guy's photo with my cell phone. He wanted to confiscate the phone. He said it was illegal to take his photo. I countered it was illegal for him to write me a ticket for an expired meter which wasn't expired. I took a photo of the ticket beside the meter which still showed a minute left. You can see in the meter number in the photo, and I had the time/date stamp option turned on for the photo. This guy needs to get a few days off, without pay. What a rip off.
Thank goodness for cell phone cameras. This is the best reason to have one. And, illegal to take his picture? BS. He's just trying to keep you from complaining about him to his supervisor and with a picture, he can't claim you don't have proof. Kudos to you for standing up to a bully.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #30
susanliber
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 105 susanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennessusanliber has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

That stinks Ned.....how can he justify giving the ticket when the meter wasn't expired? He only needed to wait a few more minutes in case you didn't show up to write the ticket. What was he is such a hurry for?

There were probably other tickets he could have been writing at the same time....