Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default What's Bugging You Today?

Things are annoying me today:

1. Talbot's new TV ads. Talbot's, the clothing retailer is running ads based on the old Mary Tyler Moore theme song, "Love is all Around."
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
Heresy I say!

2. Automatic Gas Pumps ... which will not let you use the same credit card twice in a row! How annoying is that? Even the attendant cannot release it and you have to wait an hour or two before you can use the card at the same pump or, I'm told, even at the same station. So you end up having to use two different cards and lose airline miles OR have to go to a different station to continue filling.

You?
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Annette
Moderatrix
Über Poster

Rep Power: 174 Annette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAnnette has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

People who place their shopping cart near the checkout, perhaps even in line at one point, and then go off to get other things. Happened to me this morning when I had to run out and pick something up. I saw a cart kind of closeby the checkout but there was no one even remotely close to it. There was 1 person in line, I lined up behind him with my 1 item and out of nowhere this woman comes rushing to the cart, dumps something into and glares at me because I've taken "her" spot in line.

www.eastontours.com
Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Going to a department store to purchase a gift off a couple's wedding list printed out at the store, only to find most items not in stock and being charged a shipping charge to get what I want to purchase. Happened to me yesterday.

British Airways and UA. See my post in the agent site.

Not a god week for my blood pressure!
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Snack machines. In plain sight. Make them go away!
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodega View Post
Going to a department store to purchase a gift off a couple's wedding list printed out at the store, only to find most items not in stock and being charged a shipping charge to get what I want to purchase. Happened to me yesterday.

British Airways and UA. See my post in the agent site.

Not a god week for my blood pressure!
Gift cards don't have shipping costs. I mean, if they're going to make it hard for you to buy a gift for them and all. Then you can enclose a nice picture of the item you were planning to buy with the money you used for the gift card. There you go...

Hope your blood pressure noses down.
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
jimtbay
Go outside! Be active!
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 39 jimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushback

People who stop suddenly in the middle of a hallway or aisle. This happens at airports and grocery stores.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #7
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Electrical adaptors that don't have any indication on them of what they came with! I think any product that is sold with an AC adaptor should be required to MARK it with the name of the product.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Once again, smelly seat mates. I had one last night RSW/MEM. Fortunately, a short flight but still odoriferous.
PS - I agree, K - the Talbot's ad is so lame....

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #9
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdew View Post
Electrical adaptors that don't have any indication on them of what they came with! I think any product that is sold with an AC adaptor should be required to MARK it with the name of the product.
OMg this is so on the mark!!!!!
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

1. People who shop at the supermarket with their cell phone in hand and discuss every damned purchase with someone at home using the walkie-talkie feature, screaming stuff like "how full is the box of Cheerios? Do we have a jar of Cheez-Whiz?"

Make a friggin' list!

2. People who slide into the self checkout express lane at the supermarket with well more than the allowable number of items, then stand there like idiots because they don't know how to use the system.

I guess I'm focused on food gathering today because I'm on a diet that's making me REALLY cranky.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote