Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By land
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By land Renting a car? Staying at a hotel? This forum's for you.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Happyjournalist
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 58 Happyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class
Talking Dinner and lunch suggestions

Can anyone suggest a place to have dinner on Saturday night on Troy, Michigan, and lunch on Sunday at the Detroit Airport?

I have a convention that will be over by Saturday Feb 17 at 3 pm, and I do not have transportation (I'm staying at the Detroit Marriot Troy), and on Sunday, my plane departs at 3 pm so, I will have lunch at the Airport.

And... the week after that, I have another convention, this time in Puerto Rico and have the off Thursday morning and Saturday afternoon. Do anyone have taked the tour of the bacardi plant?

Thanks a lot!

MuchÝsimas gracias.
Happyjournalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
DenaLou
Travel Professional
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 41 DenaLou is on the taxiwayDenaLou is on the taxiwayDenaLou is on the taxiwayDenaLou is on the taxiway

Depending on what you want to eat & how expensive, there are quite a number of restaurants in the Troy area. There is a Morton's Steakhouse at 888 West Big Beaver (just about 1/2 mile away). There's a McCormick & Schmick's nearby. The Somerset Collection (really a mall but too fancy to call itself that) is less than a mile away. P F Chang's & other restaurants are in the mall.

As far as at DTW airport, check out http://www.metroairport.com/services/.

Hope this helps you.
DenaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
REDJIM
Gold Poster

We've "fortified" ourselves for flights out of the McNamara Terminal with Bloody Marias from the Jose Quervo Tanquileria. They move a lot of Tex-Mex food offerings out of their kitchen. We like it. Airport expensive.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
wrp96
▄ber Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

The Bacardi Rum Factory tour is just okay. Personally I would explore Old San Juan and the forts. There are a lot of good restaurants and bars in Old San Juan that are really great.
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
Happyjournalist
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 58 Happyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classHappyjournalist has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class

DenaLou, thanks for the suggestions and the links!

Redjim, Bloody Marias sound great, everything at the airport is expensive as you said, so, is good to know where to have great food.

wrp96, this will be my 3 visit to Puerto Rico and I already explore El Morro, and other parks arround the Old San Juan. Do you have any personal and special recomendations for a bar/restaurante on that area?

Thank you all for your help!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
wrp96
▄ber Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

For dinner, I had good experiences at the Cafe de la Puerto Rico. I've also heard great things about the Parrot Club.

If you get the opportunity, run by La Bombonera for their pastries.
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
Happyjournalist
Silver Poster

Well, I have dinner at Alexander and another dinnes at Mexican restaurant my husbands aunts love called Xochimilco.
Im going to Puerto Rico this wednesday and I will try to get some pastries from the Bombonera.