Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By sea
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By sea The home port for a floating vacation.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default NoroVirus Rant

Was watching Good MOrning America for a bit this morning and they had a piece on the NoroVirus and they kept referring to it as "The Cruise Ship Virus" also known as the NoroVirus--and how now it is coming ashore.

NoroVirus is everywhere and they admitted it but they made it seem like it was the cruise ship's fault. What a crock of crap! The only reason that the cruise lines get it more often is the relatively confined space. I am not sure how many square feet a cruise ship encompasses, but you know damned well that the Hilton in any mid sized city has a hell of a lot more space--public and rooms!
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #2
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Well said John.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I wonder how many unreported cases there are from people who travel on long flights?
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 50 silver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runway

And it IS a crock. I hate that anytime you mention that you are taking a cruise the first thing people say talk about is the virus and how you're going to get it. I've never gotten it and I've cruised alot. Hellooooo?

silver cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cloud View Post
And it IS a crock. I hate that anytime you mention that you are taking a cruise the first thing people say talk about is the virus and how you're going to get it. I've never gotten it and I've cruised alot. Hellooooo?
Knock on wood somewhere Mary. I hope you "never" regret saying "I've never..."

Old 12-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 50 silver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runway

Let me amend that Ned. SO FAR I've never had a problem.

thanks!

Old 12-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow We always wash before putting anything in or to our mouths.

Quote:
Let me amend that Ned. SO FAR I've never had a problem.

thanks!
We haven't either. My wife is crazed when it comes to cleanliness. I think men are less prone to worry about it, but she's rubbed off on me and our sons.

When we're on vacation, we're extra dilligent about washing our hands, and making sure that we've cleaned up before we'll pickup anything to go in our mouths, or even touch our hands to our face, if possible. This isn't just aboard ships, but everywhere.

I don't know if it's helped, but according to what I've read, I think it has.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
Kairho
Senior Ferroequinologist
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 419 Kairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesKairho has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
SO FAR I've never had a problem.
From Stephen Wright:
Quote:
I plan to live forever...
so far, so good.
Religion limits civil liberties for imaginary reasons. The surest way to lose many of our cherished civil liberties is to end the separation of church and state and let religious leaders determine the rules. --David Drumm
Kairho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #9
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I have not gotten sick on a cruise yet (knock on wood). I do however regularly get sick at home just from daily living. I don't hear GMA or any other news show up in arms because of the crud that I got this past weekend from somebody at my church.
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

True, we are attacked by more viruses at work, social functions, etc.

If you were to ask my mom, she would tell you that apparently Grand Cayman will give you pneumonia. I'm teasing because that's what happened to me the day after I got home. I was scolded. ha!