Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > I got a bargain!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I got a bargain! Found a deal? Share it here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 50 silver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runway
Default 5 night Celebrity Century - great deal!

Hi all,

Just got this in my in-box from Independent Traveler. It's $299 for an inside room, and half off the second passenger which would bring it to $224 for a 5 night cruise. A great deal! Plus the ship was just refurbished.

http://www.independenttraveler.com/b...120806d4&CID=4

Old 12-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

My guess is that the space is VERY limited and the taxes are not 50% off and will be substantial. I bet that if you get it, you are looking at real close to $500 per person.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
weblet
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 161 weblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
My guess is that the space is VERY limited and the taxes are not 50% off and will be substantial. I bet that if you get it, you are looking at real close to $500 per person.
Stop being a wet blanket. (She'll find out soon enough...)
Old 12-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
CruiseExpert
Travel Professional
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 83 CruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCruiseExpert has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I won't be promoting this, but here are the details:
Cruise Line : CELEBRITY CRUISES
Ship : CENTURY
Date : 27 Jan 2007
Cruise Length : 5 Nights
Booking Currency : USD
Category : Z
Priced as : Z
Fare Code : BOGOA01
Balance Due : 555.46 USD
USD Gross Totals : 352.48 202.98 555.46 USD

Last edited by CruiseExpert; 12-12-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 50 silver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runway

Well you can tell I don't work for the travel industry eh?
I have the darkest blond hair ever!

Ooops.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
weblet
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 161 weblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesweblet has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cloud View Post
Well you can tell I don't work for the travel industry eh?
I have the darkest blond hair ever!

Ooops.
No, Mary. The cruise fare is definitely a good deal. It's just all those *%#!$ taxes/fees that ruin it!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

True, even with the fees it's not horrid. But certainly not what is shown. I forget about the fees. I should know better but...I've had way too many blonde moments today at work as well.

Not enough sleep last night.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #8
cole75
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 89 cole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default very good deal..

Canadian version:

Cruise Information

Cruiseline: Celebrity Cruises
Ship: Century
Category: Z - Guarantee - Inside
Destination: Caribbean, Western
Sailing Date: 27 Jan, 2007
Duration: 5 Nights
Passengers:

Qty
Description
Rate
Total
Passenger Fares
$124.00 CAD
$248.00 CAD
Port Charges
$150.00 CAD
$300.00 CAD
Government Fees
$66.00 CAD
$132.00 CAD

Subtotal: $680.00 CAD
Quote: $680.00 CAD
Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Or roughly $590 us dollars.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #10
cole75
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 89 cole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cloud View Post
Or roughly $590 us dollars.
A cruise for $59.00 usd a day per person is a no brainer, jump on board!!
Closed Thread