Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
REDJIM
Gold Poster

Default 2006 This Year In Baseball Awards

Okay, I'm a baseball junkie. And I've been watching the syndicated show "This Week In Baseball" for a few decades, too.

So I'm posting a link here that lets other Tripso correspondents who happen to love MLB, the opportunity to vote their favorite players and moments from the past season. Winning entries will be announced December 8.

There are some spectacular videos for viewing here too. My favorite is a play made by Tadahito Iguchi, the White Sox Second Baseman, that has to rank among the 10 best defensive plays in history.

Vote away!

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp...tyib/index.jsp
Old 11-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #2
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

RJ, I'm a baseball junkie too, but two years ago I gave up on voting for anything on the MLB website. I carefully voted that year for the All Star participants. I unchecked the checkboxes with regard to contacting me. It took me more than a year to get off their email lists and the ones they sold my email address to. I'm not going down that road again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJIM View Post
Okay, I'm a baseball junkie. And I've been watching the syndicated show "This Week In Baseball" for a few decades, too.

So I'm posting a link here that lets other Tripso correspondents who happen to love MLB, the opportunity to vote their favorite players and moments from the past season. Winning entries will be announced December 8.

There are some spectacular videos for viewing here too. My favorite is a play made by Tadahito Iguchi, the White Sox Second Baseman, that has to rank among the 10 best defensive plays in history.

Vote away!

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp...tyib/index.jsp

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
REDJIM
Gold Poster

Understood, Ned.

I don't rank MLB's emails in the class of spam by the hundreds that I receive weekly. So hearing from my Tigers, The National Baseball Hall Of Fame and Museum, and MLB on an occasional basis is okay by me.

I see your point tho'.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Bah Tigers---go Yankees!
jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
REDJIM
Gold Poster

...And, why wouldn't that be: "go, O's?
Old 11-26-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
Bah Tigers---go Yankees!
Go Yankees? Go Yankees? Pul-leeeeeeeeeeese!

Anyone but the Yankees!

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJIM View Post
...And, why wouldn't that be: "go, O's?
Hey, I am from Philly--home of the fairweather fan.....have you seen the O's for the past hmmmmm 8 seasons?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #8
AaronK
Platinum Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 99 AaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Ned, spoken like a true RED SOX fan.

I root for 2 teams, the Red Sox, and anyone that beats the Yankees.
AaronK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
REDJIM
Gold Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
Hey, I am from Philly--home of the fairweather fan.....have you seen the O's for the past hmmmmm 8 seasons?
Sort of what Detroiters feel about the Lions!

But hey, if Peter Angelos dumps the Orioles team on the market I think they can return to their Glory Days. Then again, that's about as likely as William Clay Ford selling the Lions.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Well, Angelos will have to do SOMETHING. The Nats have already put a whammy on his ticket sales playing in RFK---they will annihilate him when they are in their new digs the season after next.

This coming season is a make or break for the O's. Angelos will make money, but if he wants to make "real" baseball money, he will need to spend some to get some talent.