Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot topics > Travel News, Rumors, Scuttlebutt and Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travel News, Rumors, Scuttlebutt and Gossip Heard a hot travel news flash, a travel rumor, scuttlebutt, gossip, something juicy? If so, share it with us here.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
jimtbay
Go outside! Be active!
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 39 jimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushbackjimtbay has closed the door for pushback
Default AA chaos

This is crazy

AA and/or the union needs to fire the flight attendants and compensate the customers. Enough. AA needs to be put out of its misery.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Your right Jim. It's nuts, but it's nothing compared to the overall chaos at American which is quickly becoming a shell of its old self.

It's gotten to the point that the pilots with their sick-outs are causing so many random flight cancellations (already more than 300 this week with 3 more days in the week to go), that when people ask me about flying AA, I tell them to fly on another airline. Many travel agents I know are telling their clients to avoid AA if at all possible.

If AA can't get past their problems with pilots soon, the will be hemorrhaging cash so fast they will have to accept a merger with US, the only merger game in town at this point, or sell off the company piecemeal.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Loonbeam
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 249 Loonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesLoonbeam has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

If this keeps up, I see less of a merger and more of an acquisition by USAir, because there's not going to be enough of a coherent airline left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Your right Jim. It's nuts, but it's nothing compared to the overall chaos at American which is quickly becoming a shell of its old self.

It's gotten to the point that the pilots with their sick-outs are causing so many random flight cancellations (already more than 300 this week with 3 more days in the week to go), that when people ask me about flying AA, I tell them to fly on another airline. Many travel agents I know are telling their clients to avoid AA if at all possible.

If AA can't get past their problems with pilots soon, the will be hemorrhaging cash so fast they will have to accept a merger with US, the only merger game in town at this point, or sell off the company piecemeal.
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonbeam View Post
If this keeps up, I see less of a merger and more of an acquisition by USAir, because there's not going to be enough of a coherent airline left.
I wouldn't be surprised that Dougie would prefer that, but I think we're really heading to a merger. Of course, I've been wrong many times before.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote