Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Here's this week's MSNBC Weekly Quiz for the Week of October 10, 2006 It's about "scaling the heights of travel."

From the height of 80% last week, and little guessing, it was 40% this week, and guessing on all but two.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

See, ya never know. After doing miserably last week I did 9/10 this week, guessing wrong on #7.

It pays to live with The Travel Channel playing all day long.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Oct 10 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]39292[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
See, ya never know. After doing miserably last week I did 9/10 this week, guessing wrong on #7.

It pays to live with The Travel Channel playing all day long.
[/b]
So that's the trick - I thought it was luck.

I did much better this week with a 70 - but only a few of them were ones that I acutally KNEW.

I have to go now and do a search for the Japanese river trip that you stand on!
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
I have to go now and do a search for the Japanese river trip that you stand on!
[/b]
Yeah, I had to guess on the name of the river. I read about it many moons ago when I was in a phase of reading everything I could find about Japan in the library. They are cedar log rafts and everyone jams together real tight so nobody is flung off. I guess you could say it's a uniquely Japanese activity.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #5
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Oct 11 2006, 07:51 AM) [snapback]39306[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yeah, I had to guess on the name of the river. I read about it many moons ago when I was in a phase of reading everything I could find about Japan in the library. They are cedar log rafts and everyone jams together real tight so nobody is flung off. I guess you could say it's a uniquely Japanese activity.
[/b]
Finally found a good picture of the trip at
don't look until you've taken the test
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 AM   #6
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Hey, thanks for the pic. That actually looks very cool. I'd try it.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 AM   #7
Kairho
No Avatar

This is VERY Strange! Yesterday I came across that page but there were only 7 questions! The first 7, and I was pleased to get 100%.

Today there are 3 more on the page (yes, the first 7 are the same). I didn't care to try the new ones in fear of ruining the 100.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
jjjenny
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 77 jjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
I didn't care to try the new ones in fear of ruining the 100.[/b]
Chicken!! I did really good this week. I scored 50%.

[Edited to repair the html code for the quote]
Old 10-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #9
cole75
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 89 cole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Again I seem to be a complete nincampoop and am unable to get to the quiz.. maybe this is a sign since I couldn't get last weeks either??
Old 10-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #10
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Oh, come on, Nicole. Tell the truth. You just don't WANT to take the quiz.

Why not just say "the dog ate it" like you did when you were in school.