Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot topics > My trip > My Travel Photos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My Travel Photos Have you recently returned from a trip, and have photos of it you'd like to share? Do you have a favorite travel photo? This is the place to share them. Only two photos can be posted at a time, but you can tease us with them, then give us a link to your travel photo gallery.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Post Akko Crusader Castle - The Refrectory

Israel, being such an ancient land, one conquered, lost, and reconquered by so many civilizations over the centuries has many fascinating locations. The ancient city of Akko, known as Acre to many, located north of Haifa, at the northern end of the Haifa Bay.

Located in Akko is the Crusader Fortress (Castle) built in the beginning of the 12th century. The fortress was partly destroyed by Saladin soon after, but retaken by the Crusaders under King Richard, the Lionhearted. This lasted 100 years until 1291 when the city was taken by the Mamlukes, and was completely destroyed.

In recent years the Israelis have been excavating and restoring much of the Fortress, including many of its massive halls.

Here's a photograph I made while touring the ruins. It's of the ceiling detail in the Refrectory.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote