Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By air
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By air Flying somewhere? Talk about it here.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Lightbulb Alaska Airlines coming to PHL in June

Alaska Airlines will start daily direct non-stop service between their Seattle Hub and Philadelphia International Airport starting on June 11th, competing with US Airways on that route which US Air has to themselves at this time for direct non-stop flights.

US Airways has 3 daily non-stops each way between the cities. Alaska will have 1 daily non-stop flight each way.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
TPARick
Travel Professional
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 206 TPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesTPARick has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Alaska Airlines will start daily direct non-stop service between their Seattle Hub and Philadelphia International Airport starting on June 11th, competing with US Airways on that route which US Air has to themselves at this time for direct non-stop flights.

US Airways has 3 daily non-stops each way between the cities. Alaska will have 1 daily non-stop flight each way.
The major difference is; Alaska Airlines ranked highest in airline customer satisfaction among traditional carriers for the fourth consecutive year by J.D. Power and Associates in its 2011 North America Airline Satisfaction Study

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
TPARick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 453 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

While I know that's true, it's probably so only because they never surveyed me.

I've had one bad experience after another with Alaska Air. And on the Alaska Air planes I've been in, the seat pitch was even worse than US Air in economy.

I will never ever fly on Alaska again, unless I've absolutely no choice. I rather by dog team than by Alaska Air.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

I will fly AS on short haul flights. But for long haul flightd I would avoid them and USAIR bcause they don't have onboard entertainment. For Hawaii, AS now has flights but I am sticking with UA to HNL. Too small of aircraft for me for over the water with AS.
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodega View Post
I will fly AS on short haul flights. But for long haul flightd I would avoid them and USAIR bcause they don't have onboard entertainment. For Hawaii, AS now has flights but I am sticking with UA to HNL. Too small of aircraft for me for over the water with AS.
I've been flying a lot on Lufthansa between the US and Europe over the last few years, but domestically, I'm still logging more than 30,000 miles per year on US Air.

I've found US Air has greatly improved over the last few years and is continuing to improve. It's not my favorite airline, but it's sure moved way up compared to other US domestic airlines. I currently rank it domestically above Delta, United, and most definitely American. I can't compare them directly to Southwest as I don't fly them (I don't like their system.). At this point I'd put JetBlue at the top.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I've been flying a lot on Lufthansa between the US and Europe over the last few years, but domestically, I'm still logging more than 30,000 miles per year on US Air.

I've found US Air has greatly improved over the last few years and is continuing to improve. It's not my favorite airline, but it's sure moved way up compared to other US domestic airlines. I currently rank it domestically above Delta, United, and most definitely American. I can't compare them directly to Southwest as I don't fly them (I don't like their system.). At this point I'd put JetBlue at the top.
If they added onboard entertainment to their flights they would be fine. I flew UA to PHL this past summer over US because I could watch a movie.
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodega View Post
If they added onboard entertainment to their flights they would be fine. I flew UA to PHL this past summer over US because I could watch a movie.
Movies would be good, but I rather have Internet supplied by the airline, and on my recent flights between PHL and LAX I had a quality Internet connection coast to coast which was fabulous. I got all kinds of work completed, including finishing one of my columns, and answering lots of email. I even posted here on the Forums while enflight.

As to entertainment, I've generally found airborne entertainment wanting, and have brought my own for years. I just hook in my Vuzix Wrap 310XL virtual 55 inch (at 10 feet) eyeglasses style viewer to my iPod and watch one of the more than 50 movies stored on it, or the more than 200 TV episodes. I regularly rotate the movie of TV episodes during the year and get new ones too. That way I see what I like, and it's better than looking at those small airline screens.