Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Sirius Radio - Holiday Traditions ?

Hi all,
I think I'm fighting a losing battle here - but wonder if anyone else is seeing the same thing as I am.

Sirius radio changed a number of stations to all Holiday music around Thanksgiving. There are many different "flavors" to the stations, but the one I wanted to listen to was the traditional one.

We've got two radios - one in my car and an internet one in my kitchen. The car radio pulls in all the stations. The kitchen on gets all except the Holiday Traditions.

Contacting Sirius was a joke. We went around and around - they kept telling me the numbers for the channels and ignoring the rest of my message.

Now they tell me that "Holiday Traditons" is not available to those who have subscribed to the FAMILY FRIENDLY and MOSTLY MUSIC package.
How in the world that makes sense, I don't understand.
Nor do I understand why I CAN listen to it in the car, but not in the house.

Do you have sirius radio? Can you listen to #147 ?
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
AaronK
Platinum Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 99 AaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesAaronK has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

It probably is determined by what channel is normally there. I don't think they reprogram the radios for the holiday channels. So, if you don't get 147 normally, you won't get it now.

This time of year is glad I pay the $200 a year for the XM in my car. The stations I would normally listen to over the air switch to 24x7 Christmas music in early November (don't get me started on the time). Not having to listen to Christmas music is well worth the cost.

Of course, I'm sitting here listening to Radio Hanukkah over the internet all day......
AaronK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
It probably is determined by what channel is normally there.
Aaron, I think that's the answer! Thanks. However, it seems foolish for the company not to use a channel that would be in use in the relevant audience package.
Last year they used the 40s station and switched that over. That made sense.

We usually cycle between the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s with some Country thrown in - because all of them play the same songs over and over.

What drove me crazy was the non-answers I was getting from the company - and the fact that no one has addressed the issue of receiving the channel in the car but not in the house.
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote