Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes > Travel Photography Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travel Photography Issues This is the place to ask questions about photography equipment, about good photo locations at your destination, or other travel photography issues.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Just sharing a shot

Took this yesterday walking out of the Link. Thakns Ned for letting me buy your seats for the game!

jfrenaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

You're welcome. It was a good game. I saw a little of it. For most of the game I was teaching a workshop about wildlife photography.

I didn't realize that view was available. I'm going to have to look for it at the next game. I love the view.

I like the photo, but may I make a few suggestions to improve it, at least if you like my version of it, found below.
  • I cropped the photo a bit, removing the partial building on the left and the hanging piece of whatever it is. I also trimmed some from the bottom of the photo too to better set off the main buildings in the image.
  • I altered the curve of the photo as a whole to correct the tonal appearance of the midtones which were too flat, and therefore to close to the highlights. It stopped from seeing the details in the glass of the two Liberty Place towers and the Comcast headquarters.
  • I created a layer mask of the sky, then inverted it to include the buildings and lower area. I created it for the sky, not the buildings, even though I wanted the buildings because it was much easier to make it for the sky. I then upped the color saturation of the buildings and lower background. I inverted the mask back to the sky and upped its saturation, but not nearly as much as the buildings or it would look fake.
  • Again using the layer mask of the buildings I upped the contrast a bit to create more architectural line definition to set the bluish toned buildings apart from the sky. I also dropped the brightness of the buildings a bit within the mask for the same reason.
  • Everything was done with layers so I could reverse it if desired, or easily adjust it. I never make changes like that destructively.
I hope the critique helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1053081882_s8C9k-L.jpg (371.5 KB, 10 views)

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
mrjjirh
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 51 mrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devicesmrjjirh is able to use approved electonic devices

and pray tell why you were at a Phillies game yesterday? arent you a baltimore person......

Hey Ned...any other tickets you want to sell.......?

Picture is very nice
mrjjirh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 366 jfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjfrenaye has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Actually it was an Eagles game. Will be at Game 6 for the Phils.

And I am a transplanted Philadelphian with the Eagles coming in second to my Saints in football.

And I have pretty much given up all hope of seeing a playoff in baseball anywhere near Baltimore or Washington!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
jsamm7769
Travel Professional
Gold Poster

Rep Power: 62 jsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classjsamm7769 has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrenaye View Post
Actually it was an Eagles game. Will be at Game 6 for the Phils.

And I am a transplanted Philadelphian with the Eagles coming in second to my Saints in football.

And I have pretty much given up all hope of seeing a playoff in baseball anywhere near Baltimore or Washington!
John forgot to add to his post, that being the wonderful person he is, he's giving me his Game 6 Phillies tickets. Thanks John. You're the best!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
jfrenaye
Lanoisseforp Levart
Super Duper Über Poster

Still no guarantee of a game 6! But I have a feeling you will see a Yankee Phils series again!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Guys and gals, let's take the Phils talk to Anything Goes.

And no more Eagles tix to sell. My last Eagles tix for sale are already on the Eagles tix Exchange.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote