Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #1
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Hi,

I know the travel agents here on the forum put a high value on Travel Insurance, and when I've bought a packaged trip in the past, I've also taken the insurance.
It even came in handy once when I ended up in the hospital instead of in Ireland.
Yet, when I make my own plans, I don't usually think about the need for the insurance.

I just read CNNMoney.com: Five Tips Newsletter about Travel. TRIPSO.com was quoted in it!
The need for Medical insurance and evacuation insurance was brought up and a link to http://www.insuremytrip.com/ was provided.
When I followed the link, the questions asked about the planned trip are difficult to determine.

I've got a trip planned for Summer 2006 to Scandinavia.
There are a combination of 10 people, but all are not going to be there for the same amount of time, dates or places.
All of the airline tickets were secured with Frequent flyer /hotel stay miles.
We also have hotel rooms for a week in Copenhagen booked with Marriott points.

The hotel could be cancelled without penalty up until just before the trip.
The airline tickets could be changed for a fee.
I still intend to purchase some rail tickets and book other hotels, but how do I determine a cost per person since I'd hardly be out any money if the trip was cancelled?
I know that if a medical emergency came up I'd be relieved to have the insurance...

tdew is offline   Reply With Quote