Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot topics > My trip > I'm Back, My Trip Review
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I'm Back, My Trip Review Back from your trip? This is your place to tell us about your trip, and give us your review of the trip, transportation, hotels, restaurants, tours, sights, and anything else you want to tell members to help them in the future.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
BYOFT
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 71 BYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default In Barbados

Would you believe we have been in Barbados for one week now, and haven't been to the beach yet? We have been having fun in other ways.

My sister wants to learn the bus routes, so we have been doing that. I have been investigating the grocery stores and local markets and have been experimenting with Caribbean fruits and vegetables. We have drunk more than our share of Mount Gay rum!

We will be here in Barbados for another 9 days, then we hop over to Palm Island in the Grenadines for a week. Back to Barbados for another week or so before heading home.

Yesterday, we had a wonderful Mother's Day brunch at the Crane. What a gracious spot for a family get together. I would guess the clientele at the brunch was 80% Bajan, 20% tourists and visitors. It was so nice to see all the multi-generational families enjoying each other, dressed in their best.

If I ever get to the beach (it's right outside, but...), I'll let you know how it is.
BYOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
mtp51
beegus ahoya
Über Poster

Rep Power: 209 mtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesmtp51 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I'm so sorry you're taking such a "short" vacation!! Enjoy!

only the mediocre are always at their best
mtp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtp51 View Post
I'm so sorry you're taking such a "short" vacation!! Enjoy!

It sounded like he really is suffering there. It's terrible of them to torture him so!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
BYOFT
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 71 BYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default What to do today?

It's off to Speightstown by bus today. We haven't been up that way yet, so it will be new territory!

Quote:
It sounded like he really is suffering there. It's terrible of them to torture him so!!
Just FYI, Wrp, I'm a she!

Yep, I'm suffering like the Queen of England. (NOT!!!)
BYOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
fathergoose
Bronze Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 47 fathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feetfathergoose has reached our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet

You know, with a little notice, I could have quit my job and joined you ladies. I have great skills such as carrying purchases, carrying luggage and I am a great listener. I make most people laugh. I also enjoy window shopping and exploring new places. I could have provided bodyguard services too. I could have slept on the beach or in a lounge chair around the pool, so an extra room would not have been necessary.

Ok, enough of me day dreaming. Have a great time and enjoy everything you can!!!

Lowell
fathergoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYOFT View Post
Just FYI, Wrp, I'm a she!

Yep, I'm suffering like the Queen of England. (NOT!!!)
Sorry about that. I couldn't remember!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
Eileen Sellers
Travel Professional
Platinum Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 76 Eileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesEileen Sellers has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I want to know everything and name names!!!

I know you'll have stories to tell and I can't wait to hear all of them.
Eileen Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #8
DCTravelAgent
Travel Professional
Über Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 137 DCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Absolutely my FAVORITE of all the islands I have been to! I'm very envious!
DCTravelAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
tdew
Über Poster

Rep Power: 287 tdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennestdew has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTravelAgent View Post
Absolutely my FAVORITE of all the islands I have been to! I'm very envious!
Why? What's special about it?
tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
DCTravelAgent
Travel Professional
Über Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 137 DCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesDCTravelAgent has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I love the topography - you can have the calm, Caribbean sea/beach experience on the west coast, drive over the mountains (hills really) to the east coast and think you're on the Southeast coast of Ireland, visit 16th century Gothic Revival churches in the hills, visit Bridgetown and have more of a "city" experience (sort of like a well-off small town in the US), food is fabulous, snorkeling very good, interesting museums, go taste rum, go caving, etc.....

Also, a very well educated populace - sort of like Bermuda in that sense...

They kicked McDonald's off the island and have their own fast-food, Chef In (or at least they did) where you can get burgers or jerk or ribs or steak and/or beer or wine...

Last edited by DCTravelAgent; 05-22-2009 at 10:52 AM.
DCTravelAgent is offline   Reply With Quote