Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Laugh-in
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laugh-in Laughter makes the world go round.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:06 AM   #1
silver cloud
Cruise Addict
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 50 silver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runwaysilver cloud is careening down the runway
Talking

Inflatable takes off and lands 150ft away.

I know this isn't funny but by God - the headline about made me spew out my coffee!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objec...-name_page.html

silver cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

This is very bizzare. Its like something out of a dark comedy.
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
deangreenhoe
Travel Professional
Super Über Poster

Rep Power: 427 deangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesdeangreenhoe has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Well Mary, sometimes ya just gotta laugh. It's not our fault if someone meets their demise in a funny, goofy way. Of course, karma may then just assure we meet our maker by getting run over by the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
deangreenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
cole75
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 89 cole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennescole75 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Mary,
Stay away from the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, no matter how strong the urge to watch it in person is!!

Nicole :P
Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
BYOFT
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 71 BYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

This reminds me of Hurricane Wilma in 2005. A neighbor's trampoline came flying over the back yard fence and landed on the roof of my car. It made 2 big dents in my roof and on my trunk. I was lucky it didn't hit my windshield or rear window, because it would have shattered them.

After the storm, everyone always asks each other if they had any damage.

"Yeah, my car was hit by a trampoline!"

And yes, it is funny after the fact. Unfortunately, the dents are now beginning to rust. I couldn't afford to have them professionally fixed.
BYOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

Why didn't you have your neighbor pay for the repairs?
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
Carchar
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 88 Carchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

SciFi Channel is now rerunning the original Showtime series, "Dead Like Me". A young girl gets nailed by a toilet bowl that falls to earth from a passing jet. Instead of going to heaven or hell, she is selected to become a grim reaper, a person appointed to touch people when their time has come to die in weird, hysterical ways. Good entertainment, if you don't mind the macabre.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
ARTraveler
Silver Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 0 ARTraveler has closed the door for pushbackARTraveler has closed the door for pushbackARTraveler has closed the door for pushbackARTraveler has closed the door for pushback

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carchar @ Aug 1 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]32992[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
SciFi Channel is now rerunning the original Showtime series, "Dead Like Me". A young girl gets nailed by a toilet bowl that falls to earth from a passing jet. Instead of going to heaven or hell, she is selected to become a grim reaper, a person appointed to touch people when their time has come to die in weird, hysterical ways. Good entertainment, if you don't mind the macabre.
[/b]

If you've not seen "Dead", by all means please watch - it is funny/sad/true/macabre. There's enough attitude for everyone. I have both seasons on DVD and watch it when doing treadmill time.
ARTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #9
BYOFT
Travel Professional
Gold Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 71 BYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesBYOFT has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Couldn't prove it, Bodega, and the trampoline sailed away over our apartment fence. The last thing I saw of it, it was savaging the next neighbor's windows.
BYOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
BarkingLeopard
Bronze Poster

Wait... you mean to tell me that a "50-meter-square" (= 0.62 acres) thing like this, "half the size of a football [soccer] pitch [field]" was secured with "tent stakes"???!!!

What on earth were they thinking? Even at relatively small pressures or wind forces, this thing was just an accident waiting to happen- or a 2500 square-meter airfoil waiting to takeoff. Heads should roll for this one.

On the bright side, it must have been one heck of an exciting thrillride!