Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Grounded? > Anything goes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anything goes So, you can't figure out where to put it? Put it here.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
stephen_s
I hate driving
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 164 stephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default How Long Before We're All Forced to be Microchipped?

Interesting editorial in this week's WinXP News:

Quote:
Last week, microchips made the news again in a big way when the Daily Mail reported that the London Metropolitan Police will be implanting chips in all police officers so administrators can monitor their movements. It's being touted as an officer safety measure, but it's not making all officers feel safer.
Vol. 8, #15 - Apr 15, 2008 - Issue #323

http://www.wxpnews.com/
stephen_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
bravestar
Travel Professional
Über Poster

Rep Power: 102 bravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesbravestar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I certainly don't like the idea of being microchipped.

You'd think that with the success of the Left Behind series of books, that people would be all over not letting that happen.

Because, you know, too many people have trouble separating fiction from reality.

But, I digress. If I was a London police officer, I would quit my job rather than be microchipped.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
stephen_s
I hate driving
Über Über Poster

Rep Power: 164 stephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesstephen_s has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravestar View Post
I certainly don't like the idea of being microchipped.

You'd think that with the success of the Left Behind series of books, that people would be all over not letting that happen.
You know, Steve, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that article/editorial.

I read all of the books.
stephen_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Angry

Were it me, I'd quit the force before I'd let the "Big Inspector" follow me around on a monitor, Orwellian style.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote