Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Enroute > By air
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

By air Flying somewhere? Talk about it here.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
wrp96
Über Poster

Rep Power: 156 wrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fienneswrp96 has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Default Continental Transatlantic Flight has Sewage problem

How would you like to have to spend an entire transatlantic flight smelling sewage - and with only one semi-functioning bathroom for 200 people? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19332724/
wrp96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Gesualdo
Platinum Poster

Rep Power: 111 Gesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesGesualdo has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I've had a few charter bus trips go like that. I learned how to sleep in transit for long periods so as not to be forced to deal with it. High school and college boys find it funny in the extreme to stink up the bathroom on the bus very early on. The smell tends to carry toward the front until the whole bus is enveloped. This can go on for hours. And yes, it's really inhumane.
Gesualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
RGoltsch
Simply worn out traveler
Silver Poster

Rep Power: 61 RGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first classRGoltsch has just been served a complimentary glass of wine in first class

Ok, I will apologize in advance, but someone has to say it..........

Wait for it...........

What a crappy flight!

Ron
RGoltsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
pezmanffx
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 167 pezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennespezmanffx has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I cant believe they didnt turn around. I mean look how many times vessals turn around because they are out of name brand coffee.
pezmanffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
jjjenny
Supporting Member
Diamond Poster

Rep Power: 76 jjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesjjjenny has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I feel Continental should in some way compensate these people. How disgusting to have to spend 7 hours like that!
jjjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Arizona Road Warrior
Platinum Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 99 Arizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesArizona Road Warrior has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjenny View Post
I feel Continental should in some way compensate these people. How disgusting to have to spend 7 hours like that!
I was wondering the same thing. Last night, I saw a TV report on WGN where they show pictures from the plane with the sewage seeping and etc. According to this TV report, Continental did compensated the passengers. I wonder what was the compensation.
Arizona Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
ozzy
Travel Professional
Über Poster

Rep Power: 83 ozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennesozzy has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGoltsch View Post
Ok, I will apologize in advance, but someone has to say it..........

Wait for it...........

What a crappy flight!

Ron
Just what I needed today!

I would have rathered they just refund my tix price. They can keep their vouchers. Let me get over the "incident" and maybe someday I'll fly you again. But till then, just refund me and let me block it all from my mind.

Last edited by Ned; 06-22-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Reduce the wasted space in the quote to increase the number of posts on the page.
ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
bodega
Travel Professional
Über Über Poster
No Avatar

I agree Ozzy. I wouldn't ever fly an airline again after a horrific situation like this. Did you see the pictures of passengers wearing hospital type caps and masks?
bodega is offline   Reply With Quote