PDA

View Full Version : OJ and his book

jfrenaye
11-18-2006, 08:33 AM
So, what do you all think about OJ and the new book and interview.

If I was to kill them, here is how I would have done it! I mean come on!

REDJIM
11-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Does all the "profit" from the book sales go to the Brown family?

What a crud!

jfrenaye
11-18-2006, 08:47 AM
From what I have heard, he has not paid anything on the settlement to the Browns. As to the profit, I am not sure, but since he has not paid in ten years, I doubt he would do the book knowing that he would not get any profits.

He is a scum

missalf
11-18-2006, 08:52 AM
From what I heard on the radio the profit from the book goes to OJ's two children -- if it went directly to him it would be seized and would go to the victims' families, as a result of the judgement against him that he hasn't paid anything on. Maybe he's trying to buy their love/respect, or who knows, there might be some arrangement where they'll give him some back under the table (if they inherited his total lack of respectability, that is).

If they are typical kids who miss their mother, you wonder how a father could be so unfeeling towards his children that he'd do anything like this? Imagine their embarassment and pain.

Sounds like he's so addicted to the limelight that any media attention in his eyes is good, even if it's this reprehensible.

I just hope nobody buys the book, or watches the special (But with our Jerry Springer mentality in this country I doubt if that will happen).

Ned
11-18-2006, 10:47 AM
The book will probably "sell like hotcakes." What a shame.

travelwhiz
11-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Personally I will not watch the interview or read the book. There should be a way to make him pay. The publisher of this book is just wrong. OJ should not be able to make any money that does not go to the Brown and Goldman families.

Ok I will climb off of my soap box now.

Ned
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Personally I will not watch the interview or read the book. There should be a way to make him pay. The publisher of this book is just wrong. OJ should not be able to make any money that does not go to the Brown and Goldman families.

No need to climb off your soapbox. Simpson's kids are apparently the recipients of the money from the book. The interview, which I too will skip, will be broadcast on Fox. NBC was first approached to do the interview by the Simpson people, but they declined. Rebecca Marks, a spokeswoman for the entertainment division of NBC said, "This is not a project appropriate for our network."

tdew
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM

Exactly! I have absolutely no interest in contributing in any way to either the publisher or the writer.

Ned
11-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Fox plans to air the interview with Simpson on Nov. 27th and 29th. The book goes on sale Nov. 30th. Now you know when to miss them.

travelwhiz
11-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I was watching Good Morning America this morning and I understand that several news people with Fox are upset with this interview......and that there is a petition on line somewhere to try to stop it. Maybe someone could find it and post it here on Tripso.

jfrenaye
11-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.dontpayoj.com/

Ned
11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
You're correct TW. Here's an article about the Fox rebellion.

Fox Stars Revolt Over 'Appalling' O.J. Interview

Several Fox News Personalities Blast Network's Decision to Air O.J. Simpson Interview

Fox News anchor Bill O'Reilly's harsh words are usually reserved for his guests, but now he is attacking his own network.

O'Reilly and Geraldo Rivera -- among other Fox personalities -- are taking to Fox's airwaves to condemn the network for running two nights of interviews with O.J. Simpson about his new book.

The book, which Fox also has a hand in publishing, is titled "If I Did It," and is a detailed, hypothetical account of how he would have killed his ex-wife, Nicole, and her friend, Ron Goldman.

The first interview is set to air on Nov. 27.

"I don't think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood," Simpson says in a commercial promoting the Fox special.

Rivera expressed his outrage at the book and interview on "Good Morning America."

"I think this project, whoever created it, is just about as low as you can go. This is an appalling idea involving a lowdown and dirty double [murderer] who's allowed to cash in on his crime," Rivera said. "Everybody in the world knows [O.J.] did it."

...A local Fox station is not airing the Simpson interview at all. Instead, WWCP in Altoona, Pa., will show a program on St. Jude Children's Hospital, and a special on domestic violence. "We are going to take a financial loss, but you know some things are not for sale," said station president Frank Quitoni, about his decision to not air the Simpson interview....
Go to Fox Stars Revolt... (http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/print?id=2666898) to read the entire article.

The Goldman family has set up a Web site where they have an online petition to boycott the show and the book.

travelwhiz
11-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Thank you both....I will pass the article and web site on to as many people as possible.

jfrenaye
11-20-2006, 02:44 PM
They cancelled the book and the interview

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20061120/D8LH14CO0.html

Kairho
11-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh, we're going to see some crowing tonight... Cannot wait to hear what Olberman has to say about O'Reilly...

Ned
11-20-2006, 03:06 PM
That will be fun K.

silver cloud
11-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Well thank God someone came to their senses. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't read it or care. But there are always some people...